I need some components

Bronze Member
Username: Brahmaman

Post Number: 12
I wanted to get a real good quality sounding component set for my mustang....it needs to be 5x7 or 6x8 and I cant come up with options that satify me. can anyone give me any advice for the best set to get...thanx

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3635
whats ur budget

Bronze Member
Username: Brahmaman

Post Number: 13
ummm i wouldnt like to spend more than 250 to 300 dollars

Username: 03galant

Concord, NC

Post Number: 6
well no component sets really come in those sizes and the ones that do don't sound too good. I would change the 6x9 to fit a 5.25 speaker in it and or the 5x7 to fit a 4in. The 5x7 are up front right? I know they have Q logic kicks that you can add a 5.25 to and then have a 4in component setup that would give a good sound to it. And for the rear just get a 6.5 midbass/subwoofer and call it a day. email me at honda422@hotmail.com . I am doing a group buy on tang band drivers and i sell CDT so i can figure something out for you.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 767
Infinity, Jl,alpine, boston accoustics, jbl, makes them, and Im sure others do just depends on what you want to spend

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 769
i'd stick with the brands TY mentioned, i think they all make comps in the sized you mentioned. i'd stay away from the Q Logic Kick panels, cheap, thin, and open backed so there'd be no midbass. if you went kick panels, you'd be better off making some custom, or having them made.

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
theres a difference between components and coaxials. Jl makes some 5x7 systems but haven't seen too many 6x8s. The only odd sized comps i'd get is the JLs but they arent as good sounding as a regular sized speakers. I do agree with David getting kicks. I personally would place a 5.25 in the door and a 4in in the kicks. The Q logics aren't too rigid but a little dynamat will help that out and a 4in speaker won't effect the kickpanel that much trouble. And a 4in won't produce too much midbass anyways and in a 3way setup, the 5.25 can play say 80-300hz the 4in plays 315hz to 5khz and the tweets play 3.15khz and up.

Silver Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 134
you can make a plate that makes the 5x7 fit a 6.25. jsut takes a little more work, that is the route i would go. if you are looking for some components the only 5x7 i've seen is the mb quarts RCE268.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us