Can You Hook This Up And Would It Work

Bronze Member
Username: 420pimp

Post Number: 19
I have two Alpine Type-R's and I was going to get a
Kicker KX2500.1 - Kicker 2500 Watt Mono Amplifier. Can you run two subs off of a mono amp and would this configuration blow the subs in other terms would i have two get a smaller amp? If it did work what would it sound like good or bad? Plese Help Me Out.I dont want to spend all the $ on somthing that wont work or will blow my subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 126
what voice coils are in the subs?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
dual voice coils

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 369
Pi*p , if the Type R's your buying are dual 4 ohm voice coils then yes you can wire them together to present your amp with a 1 ohm load thus getting the 2500 rms at 1 ohm that that amp is capable of ( its actually gonna be capable of around 2800rms because they are a bit under rated )but if those type R's are 500rms then you really dont need the KX2500.1 because that might be a bit much for those Subs if your the kinda guy thats gonna crank the stereo up all the way most the time an if you dont wanna spend that much then the KX1200.1 would do the Job nicely, its rated for 1200 rms but they always are under rated by atleast 200 rms so you will have some where around 1400 0r 1450 rms, you will know exactly what rms when you get it an read the birth sheet

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 370
I would Say that you should use the money you would save by buying the KX1200.1 instead of the 2500.1 an buy an HO alternator for your car

Bronze Member
Username: Nemen

Trinidad & Tobago West...

Post Number: 46
do what you want this guy is a^ ^ ^ M0RON!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
yo nemen im a fu.c.kin noob when it comes to this shi.t obviosly or i wouldnt of asked the quastion u dumb fu.ck. I didnt ask for your opinion about me i asked for help. F.u.c.k.i.n Fa.g

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 373
Hes not saying ur a Moron hes saying i am, but i stick beside the advice i offered an Nemen Can just Suck My Dic* if he doesnt like it

Bronze Member
Username: Nemen

Trinidad & Tobago West...

Post Number: 48
lol ^^^^ that's some funny @ss sh!t

opps wrong thread I thought i saw a anonymous poster but it was in another thread i think i need some sleep lol dont get your panies in a bunch.

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 374
Pi*p if you dont know how to wire the subs just go to the link below an put in 2 subs that are Dual 4 ohms an it will show you how to wire them for one ohm configuration

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
thanks cadilacdb......... my cuzents got a 97 elderado with 4 12's it sounds like shi.t to

Anonymous

i think nemen is the anonymous poster and for got to post it as anonymous.lmfao moron.u are busted lol.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1625
kx2500.1 is 2500wrms @ 2ohms. besides you will blow your subs with 2500wrms. like cadillac said the 1200.1 is more than enough.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us