Can't get it working. Help please.

Bronze Member
Username: Joshua

Florence, Ky USA

Post Number: 23
Alright, I have a 97' Intrepid and I have hooked up tons of head units but I have a HU that I had in my old car and I hooked it all up in the old car but not I can't get it to work in my new car, the Intrepid. I believe I have the correct harness, but on the harness i have, it doesn't have a ground wire to connect to the wires coming from the stereo. I can't get my head unit to work at all. When I plug everything up, I hear a click, but nothing works. If you have any ideas, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 734
ground the radio to the car find metal or use the factory ground strap that came off the factory radio...

Bronze Member

Florence, Ky USA

Post Number: 24
Well I tried to ground the radio and it still wouldn't work, and I'm not sure which one is the factory ground strap. Do you think I might have the wrong harness?

Silver Member

Post Number: 738
are you getting power to both the red and yellow wires, yellow car off, and red car switched on. check fuse in radio. and the ground strap is about 4-5inches long and was bolted on the back of factory radio, your harness should be a grey and a black harness, speakers on black harness.

Bronze Member

Florence, Ky USA

Post Number: 25
So the ground strap needs to be connected to the stereo for it to work?

Silver Member

Post Number: 740
it is a ground

Bronze Member

Florence, Ky USA

Post Number: 26
I'm not sure, it is a black strapand it was bolted into the factory stereo but when i unconnected it from the stereo to put my head unit in, i didnt connect it but i put the factory radio back in and didnt connect it back to the factory stereo, and the factory stereo works.

Unregistered guest
can anyone please help i have a kenwood kdc-5090r, it comes up with waiting 4 and wont let me do anything all the buttons seem to be frozen, thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us