Amp choice with current subs

Username: Cleavagefungus

Post Number: 1
ok I have the "Audiobahn ABV105Q" Dual 10" 600W RMS Ported Bass Box w/2 Subs at my house and wanted to get an amp for them...

they are connected in a 4ohm fashion into one input.

so i am decideding on the A8000t or the A8002t to go with the box...i figure its a good match but would like to know the pros and cons of each one...the 80002t says its 800w at 4ohms in birdged mode...and the 8000t is only 400w at 4ohms? they both use a 2x30A fuse. just wanted to know what u thought.

i am using 8 gauge wire and a 2v output on my pioneer P3700MP cd player...is there anyone that can give me an estimate on output?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3592
do u mean spl, if so, maybe around 120 dbs

Post Number: 2
no its all audiobahn stuff...if spl is a gauge then im not sure, but i only heard of spl audio equip....but no its all audiobahn

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 724
use the 8002t amp

Username: Trojans33

Indianapolis, Indiana United State...

Post Number: 1
Alright boys...i am in need of some serious help.

I am a stupid teenager lookin to make my side of Indiana bump a little bit by throwin a system in the trunk of my 1992 Plymouth Grand Voyager.

I am currently looking at a pair of JBL GTO1204D type subs, and not sure about what kind of amp yet. The RMS is 300, max wattage is 1200.
It does have a dual 4 OHms, but not sure what thats all about yet.

If you could, please let me know about any advice you could offer a teenage kid who cant legally drive yet ;-)

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 728
how much do you wnat to spend

Username: Trojans33

Indianapolis, Indiana United State...

Post Number: 4
im looking to spend $300 or so on subs, amp, and box.

Post Number: 3
i love how ppl invade my topic instead of just posting there own...

but anyways is the 8002 better even though i would have to bridge it? because the 8000 is just mono and i wouldnt. Im just not sure on if the bridging is actually that powerful or not because it looks like it has the exact same electrical system in it?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5118
8000T is 2ohm stable, 8002 is 4ohm stable bridged.
Which amp to get will be determined by your sub's voice coil configuration.
If the total resistance ends up being 2ohms, then 8000T is your choice, if it's 4ohms, then 8002T.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us