Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 461
wonderful

Bronze Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 14
blaine stop asking that go to a store and ask to the expert if you don't trust. u dumb

Silver Member

Post Number: 462
hey man i was just making sure....from someone who new for a fact...im not just gonna spend 700$ if im not sure

Silver Member

Post Number: 463
and on the website...it says in one spot that its RMS and one spot that its MAX...so i dno which is right

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1593
hey blaine here is pic of my setup. i still need to get the ho alt which i didn't yet. i just got a yellow top and so far it is okay. it still plays at decent high volume without voltage drops but i am not taking any chances until i get the ho alt.

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 464
dammmmm thats nice...im gettin the type x's in a little bit ..just waitin for a pay check then ishould be set

i just need an amp...and i want those JL's so bad..but im thinking of just going with the orion ..that is it thats a real 2500 RMS...

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1599
yep you cant go wrong with an orion amp. that amp will give you headroom too. i bet your type x will use all 2500wrms of that amp so your setup will get louder than mine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 466
yo chad wherd ya get that box??

and are those amps strapped...or one to each sub?
looks strapped to me..but just curious

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1295
Blaine: Orion is a great company for amps. The 2500D is underrated. It probably puts out around 2,700 watts RMS into a 1 ohm load. But you might want to look at other amps if you're worried about spending $700. I spent over $1k on each of my amps, and I have two of 'em just for the subs...

Just my .02.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1602
i had the local stereo shop near my house make that box for me. they did it for $70 dollars.

no the amps are not strapped. they are in a master and slave config. you can't strap jl 1000/1 amps. each sub is connected to each amp. its just the controls on the first amp controls the second also.

Silver Member

Post Number: 467
ooo i gotchya

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1603
btw jake.....i am planning on changing the type x subs with 2 12" eclipse ti in the future. since the ti's are underrated subs i figured my amps would workout perfectly. what do you think? i know you know alot about eclipse subs so that is why i ask. when i do get the ti's of course i would change my box to a strong sealed box. it shouldn't be more than 2 months before i get the ti's.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1296
If you're going sealed, go with 1" MDF and double up the front. Do a VERY GOOD job at sealing and bracing it, because if you get those subs rolling, they can tear boxes up. Go 1.25cu/ft. and you won't be disappointed. And how big are those amps? I'm not familiar with JL, I think they're a bunch of bullsh1t...

And I've given my Ti's 2,000 watts RMS in ported enclosure (for small amounts of time). And I know a few guys that give 4,000 watts RMS to 12" Ti's in sealed enclosures and they handle it. They're actually 1,500 RMS, from what the Eclipse guys told me. I've seen them take some abuse...

I'd go with at least 1,000 watts RMS, for I'm sure those are 1000/1's sitting in that picture...

Just my .02.

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 234
the 1000/1 is a match made in heaven for the Eclipse ti's, Alpine X's, RE XXX.....basically any sub that is meant to have some sound q to them the amp is a good match for em...1000 clean watts to those subs should sound nice......(Granted i am anti eclipse) but i still respect them!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us