Smoking HU whats goin on

Bronze Member
Username: Ward

Chevy Chase, Maryland

Post Number: 15
I am in the process of switching my system to my new car but have yet taken out my HU (clarion dxz945mp). A friend came over wanted to see the HU work so i turned on my car and turned it on and within a couple of minutes smoke was pouring out of the HU and a horrible electrical burning smell filled my car. Whats happening? pretty sure it still works afraid to turn it back on. Do i need a new HU? Please help? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 706
could be anything, it is electronics, only way to tell is pull radio and chek wires for any scars and test for shorts in them.

Bronze Member

Chevy Chase, Maryland

Post Number: 16
correction HU will not turn on. will try some other things but need suggestion of good HU not too too expensive. life sux thanks for the help

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 711
how much do you want to spend, and check fuses on the radio and in the car, both boxes even under the hood.

Bronze Member

Chevy Chase, Maryland

Post Number: 18
no more than 300-350 lookin at Alpine CDA-9855 or some of the lower models. needs to play mp3 and be able to hook up to an ipod. i will ckeck the fuses tomorrow but i think its toast
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us