Problems with Hifonics Bass Remote Control

Silver Member
Username: Tafkam

Texas

Post Number: 191
Has anyone else had a similar issue? After about a year of use my bass control for Hifonics amp (I think the control is an HC-1 or something like that) went out on me. When I say out I mean the blue power light quit and it still controled the amp but it would sometimes change on its own and be totally inaccurate, for example even turned all the way down the bass was way too high.

I tried a different cord on it and it did the same thing so I assume it is not an issue with the cord.

I did order a new control from Hifonics but they said it is not warranted, so if this one goes out I am going to remove it and just set the amp and live with it.

Just curious to why this may have happened and or if this is a common issue.

Thanks
Mike

Silver Member
Username: Tafkam

Texas

Post Number: 195
Just a follow up to my own post, I got my replacement but have not put it in yet. I take it these things adjust the gain; should I really be doing that? Things sounded good enough without the remote, I only really used it to adjust the bass a little for those cds that either were too strong or too weak.

I know the Hifonics is not the greatest amp, but it suits my needs and budget, however I noticed that the really high end amps, Zapco, etc do not have remotes. Can anyone tell me if I am hurting my amp by using this? I guess if I am then I really don't need it.

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us