What AMP will make this hit 150db?

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 186
hey fellas, what will power this correctly!
want to hit around 150db
what kind of rms?
7 1/2 ported cubic box
2 15inch Treo TSXs
they are dual 4ohms, but I can get them switched to 2ohms, so tell me suggestions
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3435
what are the rms on those subs, what kind of car do u have, it is more than just the subs and the amp to hit 150dbs

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 187
rms is 500. But the dealer said he recomend over 750rms.
car is a 93 Buick Lesabre.
subs will be facing towards the back seat.
its the only way it could fit.

Bronze Member
Username: Johnleabu

Post Number: 28
i dont think ur gona hit that lol

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 189
this is what they said on Termpro forum:
http://audioforum.termpro.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/8/t/024115.htm l

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 190
lol, I just want to hit hard, im not trying to over do it, or nothing, but...
What will really make it hit, is what im asking..

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3440
are u looking for 150 on burps, or daily.lol

daily try a Precision Power DCX 1500.1 it would give each sub 750 rms, still not sure about the 150dbs though, if it is a burp try a zapco c2k 9.0x and u might be able to get to ur goal. good luck

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3442
bump

Username: Jesuschupie

Post Number: 1
i have 2 solobaric L7 in a small seald box i have a 800 punch amp they hit hard but i have been told that a bigger amp would make them be even louder any suggestions amp and or box

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3446
i have l7's 2, any way, what size L7's do u have, do u have an Ho alternator, what size wires do u have, and do u have space for a bigger box

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 191
Daily, The Ppi 1500.1 is a very nice amp.
Im still thinking of a prd1000.1 on each sub. That should hit harder.
I think these subs can take 1000 all day.
I read on that same forum some guy, used a 2500d on a Tsx 12 for burps.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3448
im not sure they will be able 2 take 1000 daily without blowing fast. maybe 1000 per on burps, but daily would be brutal on them. if u want to get loud u might want to look into some more subs.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 192
ok, so how u think my 1000prd will sound on them?
I think i may settle with what i got.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 193
1000d on each sub with gains set moderatly should be okay for a daily though.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3451
An amplifiers gain control does not determine the maximum power that an amplifier can produce. As long as the preamp/drive signal has sufficient level, the amplifier will produce its maximum power output level. The gain controls are used to match the amplifer's gain to the gain of the other amplifiers in the system (in the case of a multi-amp system). The gain controls also allow you to match the amplifier(s) to the head unit.

So 1 prd1000.1 on both of them should sound nice, if u want more output u should look for a bigger amp 1200-1500 rms

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 194
ok. i know that, just really tired & high. I will hook them up first, then make my decision. they prob will crush with just that 1 amp.

If i had a bigger vehcile, I would add 2 more of these subs.

This might be loud enough for me though. Got to hook it all up then see.

If im going to keep this amp the dual 4ohms will work perfect. But if I wanted to put each sub on a amp, I should then get the dual 2ohms.
So I wanted to figure out the best setup.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 195
bump

I take it these guys on TERMPRO Forum know what they are talking about also:

Alaake
Member # 11973

I have been involved with a Jeep that runs 4 MTX 1501Ds on a pair. Does around a 150 when strapped. Street C. I believe they use 1 amp per sub for daily. I also think they are still on their 1st pair (have not lost a sub yet)

You should be fine with 1K each.

Whats is "Street C"?
He then says 1K should be fine on each.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4065
Maybe u should have sprung for (2) 12s in the SSI model instead if u really want that much loud -lol

unless its vol would be too much 4 ur trunk

what about using SSXD1500.1 Treo amp 2 power ur current subs ..........

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 196
This is the guy, they told me to speak too:

1---Black 2000 Tahoe Limited
4-TREO TSX 15's
1-Autotek mm 4000.1
DiRtY SoUtH DEAF SqUaD
TEAM MAXXSONICS
NSPL World Finals-2nd pl.
DB DRAG World Finalist
149.8-150.7 db new termlab

They seem to really love TREO over on that site.
www.termpro.com

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 197
Rovin the TSX 15s have a way bigger maggenet than the SSI 15s. I also read on that same forum that the TSX gets just as loud as the SSI! they rate the SSI @ 750rms. they rate TSX @ 500rms
Its seem like Treo like underating their products. The same products got 30% rms increase in same year. lol

the ssxd1500.1 is a sweet amp, I think its only 2ohm stable. my dealer wanted to sell me his for 550$

Im seriously thinking about 1000d on each.
My buddy thinks im really starting to over do the whole car audio, lol

Im sure this will be plennty loud as is.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4066
imo i'd pick that the ssxd1500.1 but u'd have 2 go exchange ur subs 4 the 2ohms dvc version

just remember , there is such a thing as too darn loud !.... Upload.....-lol.........

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 199
Rovin, yes, u are right..
it may be too damn loud, im not really competeting! $550 US is alot of $$ for an amp.
Treo sells that amp for 800$

I will just have to listen to how they sound before making any decissions now

Post Number: 2
I have 12" L7's and the alternator is stock for now the wires are 2 gage wires for the subs and i am runing a 4 for the power and a 2 for negative yes i have more room for a bigger box it would just be hard to put it in but no problem

jcash
Unregistered guest
"want to hit around 150db" hahahahahahaha

Post Number: 3
does anybody know of a website that will help me bulid a box for my pontiac grand am 2001 or if you know dimensions that will help to is for my 2 12 L7 and i want as big of a box as i can put in there so i can get mor power out of the subs

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 200
I know these subs can hit 150db!
2 of them, But not with 1 amp!
Other people seem to be hitting 150db! These are competition subs, but i just realized I dont have money to buy enough amps, to put on each voice coil!
If im goin to make 2 15s hit 150 I need alot of power! 1 amp on each voice coil!
It may be easier if I get 2 more subs, but I have no room, just a car.

Didnt somebody hit 150db with only 2 JL 13s w7?
These subs have more excursion than those. I also read that on the Termpro forum.
I think these guys are all about competition. Some of them hold records up to 2005.
I am in no way trying to compete.
Just want to sound good and get really really loud! without spending too much... even though i spent more than planed!

Guys when I get this thing hooked and measured, I will share the numbers with everyone. But anything is possible, depending on the install!

Jesus Salazer, start a new thread, maybe someone will help u.

This forum should also block all annoymous users from posting! If u post u should be a registered member; just like www.TERMPRO.com does. Damn kids. What joy/pleassure do they get? lol

Chauncey what numbers are u hitting?
With those 4 15s?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4082
i talk with him all the time & he said he never made the effort 2 go have it measured -lol

hey B if u ever feel like ole talkin with another Trini & myself u can drop by here >>>
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/tv-shows/178855.html

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1440
B your slightly confused though. did u notice about the "guy who knows what hes talking about" hit 150 with 4 of those subs... you only have 2. and i believe 13w7s have like 30mm or more each way linear excursion. i dont think tsx's have more than that or even that much period. if ur not competeing than dont focus on the number and just hook them up and i bet you wont be dissapointed. but u really should buy that ssx 1500w amp. i love their amps. save up some and get it!

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1441
1---Black 2000 Tahoe Limited
4-TREO TSX 15's
1-Autotek mm 4000.1
DiRtY SoUtH DEAF SqUaD
TEAM MAXXSONICS
NSPL World Finals-2nd pl.
DB DRAG World Finalist
149.8-150.7 db new termlab

see... but dont get urself down if u dont hit that 150. i hope to hit 150 also with my new system which is 4 15 SEs. but im going to run a 16cuft box with 180sq in of port area, i bet i'll have a better chance than you and im still not gonna be depressed if i dont hit 150. why? because i know thats still going to be so dman loud im going to mount a switch in the front of the car so i can only run 2 subs and 1 amp most of the time and run the other amp and other 2 subs when i feel like showing 'er off.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 231
Trevor those 4 15s will sound insane!
Thats a huge boxxxxxxx....

Trevor that dude has 4 15s giving them approx 1000 each. he hit 150db
Someone else has 2 15s giving them 1501 MTX on each voice coil. 4 amps 2 subs.
He also hit 150db, just with all that power on the amps.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1450
that guy is crazy lol. i bet he can afford to blown them cuz im sure he is pushing those subs to the absolute extreme. good thing ur not into competing lol. it gets soo expensive. but good luck with the setup. make sure to post ur results!

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1811
B,

when the guys over on the Termpro forum say that sub can take 1000wrms+ they are not talking about taking that kind of power for daily use.

500-750 each for those subs daily would be plenty. that memphis 1000w amp you have would be just fine.

the guys on Termpro that give that sub 1000wrms+ usually dont do it for daily use. they do it for 3 seconb burps in competition and they boxes are specially built to peak at 1 really loud note (one note wonders). their competition boxes are usually not good at all for daily use, they are tuned at way too high of a freqency.

for example,
i have 1 RE SX 15"...my daily box is tuned to 31hz and it does 138.6 dB, but when i change my port over to my SPL port (tuned to 46hz) it does 148.0dB w/ a jbl bp1200.1.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1486
marshal, that 138.6 was the highest score you could achieve? wasnt that at some really low frequency? you must hit higher than that at like 40hz or so no?

Silver Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Post Number: 135
B.......what car stereo shops do you go to in charlotte, ive been lookin for a good one.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1815
yea...i did 138.6 @ 28hz (but the box is supposed to be tuned to 31hz...so go figure)

i ran an 80-20hz sweep and that is the only peak that i remember w/ my daily port in...i dont remember how loud the other peak was (at a higher freq).

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 708
what kind of vehicle is this going in?

Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 6
hey man you can buy nice amps just to make it sound but to get 150 db man you're nut. buy some lanzar subs optidrive and use lanzar vibe 268 amp bridged mode and will pound a lot. that thing can beat lot of good systems except a tipe x system
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us