A little disappointed about my 10" xplod subwoofer

Silver Member
Username: Panamanian

Panama cityPanama

Post Number: 123
I really like it how it sound, (when I am in the driver seat), but when i exit the car, the bass is really weak.

This is my system:
HeadUnit: pioneer: DEH-3770MP
Front Speakers Stock speakers
Rear Speakers Pioneer Ts-6991R
(no amplifier for internal speakers)
only one Subwoofer: Xplod XS-101P5 (10")
powered by XPLOD XM-2200GTX (bridged to 500w rms

with my loudness in HIGH, my BASS in +6 (maximum), my mid in: -4, and trebble in +2 it sounds good (when I'm in, NOT when I'm outside the car).

Is it because of the SEAL BOX? (as SONY suggested with the cubic ft correct).
???

Silver Member
Username: Opie_har

Somewhere, One of them USA

Post Number: 112
Basically because its sony. Btw, why do you want it to sound soooo good outside your car??

Silver Member
Username: Panamanian

Panama cityPanama

Post Number: 126
to impress people. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 182
i had 2 10" explodes in mt tacoma reall nice sound inside but not much outside

whats the max rms on the speaker and the ohm rating

by the way what kind of car do you have?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3430
get some L7's if u want to impress people outside ur car on a budget

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
That's why people with sound systems have such a bad rap. People blaring their sony systems really loud with their windows down trying to impress everyone. If that's the case, try mounting your speakers on the outside of your car if you want to "impress" everyone.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3434
or just replace all of the metal in ur car with mdf board and mount subs all over the car and u will be fine

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
ROF LMAO!!!

Silver Member
Username: Greeney

Grove, MN US

Post Number: 155
i think i saw all that at wal-mart tonight while picking up some car freshners

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4061
i remember him asking this forum what 2 get even though his choices were limited cause where he's from & ppl told him not 2 get sony & he insisted he's getting sony - well buddy , its a learning experience 4 u ...lol......

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1505
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4062
don't Upload @ him cause u had some Audiobutt subs not too long ago

oh & me too i had some pioneer 306 subs cause i was being cheap too -lol
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 828
If you can't afford GOOD subs, check out Volfenhags.

I have two 12" Volfenhags, and they play a LOT louder and sound a LOT better than Sony. And they're cheaper. But you can look at them and tell the build quality is a lot better.

I'm only suggesting these because it sounds as if you're not able to afford mid to high end gear. And I'd say in the lower categories Volfenhag is one of the better brands.

Chauncey, L7's are kind of pricey. Sounds like XPLOD's were what he could afford originally and they are like $50 a piece.

elemental designs
Unregistered guest
volfenhag, audiobahn, sony,...what the hell kinna sh*t u guys gettin. first of all, what do u think the point of dynamat and eDead are? sound deadening things so that the sound stays in ur car and dont get out. plus it gets rid of rattles. who gives a sh*t what it sounds like outside? second u need to actually get some good drivers that are nicely powered! try elemental designs. edesignaudio.com these are pure SQL drivers but put out enough power to blow windshields!!! i got two ED 16Ov2's powered by 2 tsunami 1100D's and im hittin 163.2 dB. get that outa any volfenhag or audioshit. better yet sony! hah aint gon' happen.

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 148
i have my stereo going with an 8" on it and it sounds great when im sitting here at the computer while its playing, if i get any closer or any furhter away theres like nothing its sounds bad. in my van i sit upfront with it playing then i go to the back near the subs, and then it sounds bad... outs side os the van tho it is loud, with all the crap vibrating inside the doors ad every thing, and the license plate vibrateing its hard to hear any bass from out side

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1516
i am getting sick of people telling me to turn it up everytime i am at a red light and my system is bumping. so now when i pull up to a red light i turn my sh!t down.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us