Head units

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 122
Going to be running two RESX15s in my truck and now I'm trying to decide on a head unit. I could wait Jan first and pick up an Eclipse CD8445 which has 8v preouts or get a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X789 with 5v preouts. Would it really make a difference? I'm not dead set on these brands.. so any suggestions I'll consider

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 425
get and alpine 9813.... you WILL NOT be dissapointed... but idk where you can get one

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 721
you'll have to go to ebay for that unit (the Apline CDA9813), Great unit, i had one, put it in my brother's car now since i got the dvd touch screen. i only saw a few on ebay a month or two ago, gonna be hard.
haven't heard much good on kenwoods though. Pioneer Premier seems to be the top units out now. and Eclipse are good if you got the extra money and your amps can work with the high pre amp voltage.

Silver Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 123
The Kenwoods are not all that bad of a unit. What volt is the preouts on the alpine? I need something pretty high cuz ill be pushing 3 amps. Two RE 12.1s and im undecided on the amp for the components. I'd like to get all 3 of the same amps but RE does not make a smaller one do they? Btw i saw a pamplet from them at the audio shop i went to today and it had some different series subs on it that i never saw on their site.. there was an MX and ST(?).. idk what the second one was but it was after the RE series and before the SE series. The MX was right after SX and before MT. Anyone know about these?

Silver Member

Post Number: 439
im pretty sure on the alpine HU, the pre amp was 25 for 4 channels... dont' directly believe it, but im pretty sure thats what it was

Silver Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 126
i meant the RCA preouts, im looking for at least 5v

Silver Member

Post Number: 441
oh, sorry im pretty sure its 4... but it might be up to 6... i had this site that told me, but i can't find it... i'll look it up real quck

Silver Member

Post Number: 443
http://www.epinions.com/pr-Car_Stereos_Changers_Alpine_CDA_9813_Radio_CD_MP3_Pla yer_CDA_9813/display_~full_specs theres the specs on the 9813

Silver Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 742
that HU has stereo/mono option on the sub output, heard the mono option increases the voltage. can't say for sure if it did or not though. always just left it on mono.

but i don't think a higher voltage will be any better then a lower just because you will run 3 amps instead of 1. quality will be better with a higher voltage. Y adapters don't change the voltage if i remember correctly....

Bronze Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 99
i would rather get a pioneer over an alpine in my opinion they look better.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4456
I have been running the 9813 for a while now and I absolutely love it:-)

Silver Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 748
the alpine units aren't about looks, they perform, lol, the older ones like the 9813 did anyway

Silver Member

Post Number: 457
yea, in my car right now, i don't have ANY subwoofers in my car, and it actually sounds pretty decent. the mids go pretty low if you get the settings just right... i got them exactly where they need to be, its on sterio, it does increas the voltage, and it makes everything alot better, believe me

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky.. USA duh

Post Number: 1303
kenwood KDC 5028...great great HU

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2735
Kenwood XXV-01D Is the top of the line HU for right now in my opinion next to Eclipse. I whould put this and also Pioneer Premier P-860H up there also. The Kenwood Excelon 25th Anniversary has the best build quality of the ones out. 05 Alpines arent as good as the 04 year.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us