Do i really lose bass by using one 10" instead of two 10"?

Silver Member
Username: Panamanian

Panama cityPanama

Post Number: 120
Is much the difference between one 10"subwoofer instead of two 10"subwoofers?

or not too much?

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky.. USA duh

Post Number: 1271
maybe 3 dB...not an audible difference really

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4417
3db's is very noticeable. Dont forget to add another 3 when you double the power. If you are running 1 10 with 250 watts at 4ohms and you wire in a second to get 500 watts at 2ohms it is a 3db increase for cone area and 3db for x2 the power.

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 275
ya how does that work i dont really getthat if i was running a 12" w6v2 and 2 12" w6v2 same conditions same rms to each sub how much of a diffrence would it be i hope you dont say 3 dbs cause that sux what would be the point of spending all of that extra cash for 3 dbs just my 2cents

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3981
as james said adding a speaker from one to two adds 3 db but if you stay with the same amp power thats all you would get but double the power you were using to power one now you get another 3 db....this is why the question how loud is loud enough is a good one and how well did i research my results instead of just adding another subwoofer and more power....figure it this way one sub takes up less room and half the power and saves you cash not to mention doing your research gets you the sound quality and increased spl you wnated by going the add more subs and amp way

Gold Member

Post Number: 3982
correction..."by going the add more subs and amp way" should read by not going the add more subs and amp way.

Bronze Member
Username: Kunit

Post Number: 78
having to say...I've only got 2 10's in the trunk....is the best!

Username: Bassiloveu

Post Number: 2
yes anything above 141 DB every 7 DB is about twice as loud to the ear i think it was above 141 maby it was 138 does any1 know???

Gold Member

Post Number: 3985
actually its every 10 db and its not at 138 or 141 its at any range
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us