Single cab truck guys

Username: Jjones

Post Number: 6
For those of you out there with single cab trucks ( i have a 96 f-150) what will sound good in a truck cab like this? since theres not much room or air space is there a point ? or will it basically sound like crap? there has to be components to make it sound good. just want some pointers on subs, watts on those subs and amp. not looking for compitition here but something that will ring your ears if u know what i mean.

Silver Member
Username: Greeney

Grove, MN US

Post Number: 134
whats your budget?

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 120
I've heard a single cab chevy with Diamond D3s componentns and Diamond D3 10s. He had a Kenwood HU and some kick pod for those components. It was a goos SQ setup with pretty decent SPL. He played a variety of music and it sounded great with everything including. Do you have a stock or aftermarket stereo? What is the budget?

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky.. USA duh

Post Number: 1273
or u could gte a tonnaeu cover and put a box in the back so it wont get wet
u will loose 3-5MPG though lol

Silver Member
Username: Ishkabobble55

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 143
ive got a single cab sonoma and i put two little RE re8"s behind my seats powered by a diamond d5 300.2 amp. for bein little 8"s they slam, and sound great! maybe you should get 2 RE 12"s or 2 RE 10"s

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Jacksonville, Florida U.S.

Post Number: 283
ive got a single cab ford and ive got 3 type e's behind the seat...sounds very nice for not much to work with

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Jacksonville, Florida U.S.

Post Number: 284
im about to get a 15'' sx and put underneath my bedcover ...not going to be able to feel it inside the cab but i really want one and theres no way i can get it behind the seat lol

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4421
you cut into the bed and they make a special gromit that seals it off. It is quite easy actually. You will need a fiberglass toneou cover and the gromit. It's how all the low riders do it then they fill the bed with woofers and amps. They do it all over in florida you should be able to go to any car audio shop and they will know exactly what to do.

Bronze Member
Username: Keegan_man

Post Number: 24
yes its called a blow threw

Post Number: 7
well im not all about tearing and cutting my truck apart just want a nice bump behind my seat that will actually bump and not blaaah lol. but casey wood what do u have powering those type e's and why 3?

Post Number: 8
and yeah i have a panasonic CQ-C7401U HU and two pioneer 4" in the doors, dont havr subs or an ammp yet and my budget is around 100 for the subs and between 1 and 2 hundred for the amp...i know this might sound CRAZY but i know a couple people with the sony explode 1000w amps one powering 2 12" infinitys and one powering two 12" rocks' and they both sound good..i thought they sucked

Bronze Member
Username: Blakktalon

Post Number: 33
If your wood building inclined, Id make a box that will fit your room. I have a toyota t100, with two infinity kappa perfect 12.1's two 6by nines for mid bass, and two 5 1/4 components in the doors. Go for a quality sub that uses a small sealed enclosure, mine recoment 1cubic foot each. The 6by nines I cut down the boxes they came in with two 45 degree angles cut out of the corners so they would fit behind the seat on the edges of the sub box. I had to be able to work the seatbelts. Now if I could only afford some more sound dampener material, I could up the wattage to everything. But Until then I am running two amps for the whole thing. and At max undistorted volume, you can hear what ever I am listening to windows up for 30=feet away, the bass is farther than that.

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 368
i had two 12" Cerwin Vega VMAXs runnin off a JBL BP600.1 with stock speakers powered by the HU and it sounded damn good. everyone liked how clean it sounded but it could deffinitly get loud as well (only could get to volume 26-27 out of 35 on my alpine HU until the stock speakers started distorting, but that was loud enough, trust me) get a nice SQ set up in your truck. a pair of 10's or 12's depending on how much room you have behind the seat, i should of gone with 10" VMAXs because i had to ride with the seat up about 3 more inches than i would of liked, but i made due. look for quality subs that work well with small enclosures. check this site for boxes that will fit your f-150 as well as give proper air space for the subs you choose www.topedgeonline.com boxes are cheap, well built, and fit specifically to your model of truck. no complaints on my entire 1st system in my reg. cab GMC, i loved it. cant wait for system #2 in an ext. cab =) the process is 70% complete.

Anonymous

i have a 2001 f150 and it sounds good for what it is, alpine 9831 hu, some pioneer 5x7 rear fill(no real point in those) and infinity kappa 6.5 components up front powered by a 300 watt kenwood amp, and 3 adire audio shiva woofers in a box i built with out cutting into the bed or anything goofy each sub has just over a cubic ft in each chamber & it fits behind the seat nearly all the way back, im 6'2 and still i have room. theyre powered by a jbl 1200.1 amp to me it sounds great so i dont know how much less or more room you have in your truck but you can get a good sound and it cost me about $1400 i didnt buy everything at once

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 369
Anon that sounds like an awesome system. i havent heard anything about the shiva sub in a long time. its like they vanished off this board or somethin. they havnt been reccomended to anyone new or anything. but that was actually the sub i was going to throw behind my seat instead of the vegas, but i was told they would sound better in such a small enclosure. you got any pics of your setup anon?

Post Number: 9
what type of box do u guys reccomend for two subs, two single boxes or one box?

Anonymous

nothing special to the install, how it sounds it was what mattered to me theres a vid of em on www.realmofexcursion.com under shivas but the digital cam dosnt record sound =\ and im having a problem uploading pics, says size has to be less then 1kb and the pics are 46kb

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us