Box ?

Silver Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Post Number: 120
in a box for a sx 15" whats the difference between 32hz and 35hz?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4002
email Marshall White - he has 1 of those & has alot of experience with it .......

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 381
the difference in 32hz and 35hz would be barely audible... in a 4ft^3 box with 45in^2 of port, it's a difference of less than 5inches of port length. Out of those two, I'd go with the 32hz tuning with that sub though. you won't really gain much output on the upper frequencies with the 35hz tuning but the 32hz will give you more down low. The SX reaches up quite nicely anyways. I had mine in a box tuned to about 26hz.

With that sub you can't go wrong anywhere from 26-35hz for a daily tuning. I'd go 30hz if it were me though... but again, it's not much of a difference for a daily setup.

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
ok, Just want close to w7 type bass and sq. just learning how to make boxes so not sure on whats best. the demensions i found on this site were Upload
Can you help me modify this a lil for the best spl/sq combination

Silver Member
Username: Greeney

Grove, MN US

Post Number: 132
move H- to about 18-20 inches
move F- maybe add a 1/2 inch
move b- around 23 inches

im just going off the SX 12 box that i made soo im just throwing out what i would think it is. i agree with rovin "email Marshall White - he has 1 of those & has alot of experience with it ......."
he'll tell ya what to do

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 385
those boxes are a lot bigger than what they say if you do the math... I have good 3d plans for a box that's 4ft^3 tuned to 28hz if you want them. perfect for the SX 15".. if you want to increase the tuning freq, you can shorten the port length (this will add to the net volume as well, but it wont matter that much! I had mine in 4cubes and Marshall is running 6.5cubes I think...)

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
yea send those to me.

Bronze Member
Username: Kwrubel21

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 93
would the dimensions on that "15 sq" be good dimensions for a mtx9500?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us