Box for type R

Username: Clacla100

Tallahassee, Fl US

Post Number: 3
i recently bought a 12" alpine type R and i was thinking about getting the qlogic vented enclosure(the one from best buy). basically cause im impatient and dont feel like ordering another thing from ebay. have any of you heard a type R in one of those enclosures and would you recommend that.

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 347
I'm pretty sure it'll be optimal for your sub if it meets one of the following 2 examples:
1. If the box you're looking at is sealed and the gross internal volume is close to 0.85 cubic ft. (the closer the better - 0.7 to 1.0 - nothing worse)
2. If the box you're looking at is vented and the gross internal valume is exactly 1.7 cubic ft. AND the vent dimensions are 15 square in.(12" x 1.25") as well as 22.75 in. in length. (This gives you a net internal volume of 1.3 cubic ft.

I have 2 type r 10's in front of me right now. The specs from the 12's are a little different, but don't worry, I listed the right ones for you!

To answer you in a simpler way:
If it's sealed, go ahead and buy it if it's within the parameters specified in example 1.
If it's vented, and doesn't meet the specs in example 2... don't buy it and expect it to sound optimal. Vented enclosures are very touchy when it comes to dimensions, specs, etc.

My advice.
Go sealed for now... and start working on your vented enclosure or shopping around for the right one!

I hope this helps.

Username: Clacla100

Tallahassee, Fl US

Post Number: 4
i think im just going to build a slot vented box. ive built sealed boxes before. does anyone know where i could get info on building a slot vented box. ive also heard if you use a pvc port instead of a slot vent and aim it into your car it will produce a louder cleaner sound is that true.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us