Question about a cap

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 822
I just bought a cap for my system. I did not believe in them until I saw several of my friends cars run perfectly fine on them. The lights barely dim, the voltage stabalized, and they are running 1000rms-1200rms off of 80-100 amp alternators. My question is, I bought a 1.2 farad cap and installed it in my car, I ran all the wires into it etc. how it is supposed to while the battery terminal up front was unplugged. Then I connected the light thing from the battery to the power wire running to the cap. First time I tried it, voltage reading was 0.0. Me and and a couple installers decided it was defective and got a new one. We did the same thing and this time on the other cap, the voltage display isn't even light up. What is the deal?

Bronze Member
Username: Maniac

Post Number: 24
did you charge the cap before installing it and is this your first time istalling a cap? im pretty sure its not since your friends have caps.

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 823
Ya, what I did was disconnect the fuse up front then ran all of the wiring into the cap etc. in the back. Then I used the little light bulb and touched one end to part of the half disconnected fuse, and the other half to the 4 gauge that connects to my whole system as well as the cap. This is my first time PERSONALLY installing it. They did all theirs themselves and never had a problem.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1437
this is what i did. first without charging my cap, i connected everything like the way it is suppose to be connected. then once i connected the cable to the battery, i let it sit there without turning on my stereo until the cap was charged. then i just turned on my stereo and listen to my favorite music.

btw i know alot of people won't recommend doing it like the way i did but i have no problem doing it the way i did.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us