Jonathan / question

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2714
What do i wanna set my crossovers on my HU to if im running 2 way CDT HD62 up front and 2 JL 12w6v2's sealed in the back.

I have no crossover on my ppi a600.2 but i do have a crossover on my CrossFire VR1000D for my subs.

Im using the HU crossover for the PPI 600.2 but im using both HU and AMP crossover for the CrossFire VR1000D

If you could please give me your expertise on this. Thank You

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 251
hey moyou have them in a pro wedge right cause if you docould you look at my post below about it if you have time thanx

Silver Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 253
neva mind

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2719
What do i wanna set my crossovers on my HU to if im running 2 way CDT HD62 up front and 2 JL 12w6v2's sealed in the back.

I have no crossover on my ppi a600.2 but i do have a crossover on my CrossFire VR1000D for my subs.

Im using the HU crossover for the PPI 600.2 but im using both HU and AMP crossover for the CrossFire VR1000D

If you could please give me your expertise on this. Thank You

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2721
let me know soon jonathan

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5177
Start with around 100-120hz, 12db/oct HPF for the mids, and an 80hz, 18 or 24db/oct LPF for the subs. Start dropping frequency, 80hz 12db/oct HPF for the mids, and around a 60hz 24db/oct LPF for the subs. Basically, go as low as the mids can cleanly play, and drop the sub below that frequency with a higher order slope to blend in. You'll want a gap between them because the rolloffs will overlap and give a flat frequency response. Hard to give specifics because all cars differ.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2722
Thank You / Im also looking to upgrade my crossfire amp.

What do you think these amps for my 12w6v2's

http://www.arcaudio.com/arc-05/amplifiers/xxk_1500.htm

http://www.arcaudio.com/arc-05/amplifiers/kar_9001.htm

All in All which one will suit my subs better and will it be a noticable diffance and is this a better choice then the 1000/1 ?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5179
Since they're DVC 4 ohm, I'd get the 1500XXK and bridge it. I'd take it over a 1000/1. Noticeable difference? Not really. You just get the benefit of an amp that's built better, and will last longer. Worth the investment definately IMO.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1449
damn jonathan, everytime you always know what your talking about. i always learn alot from reading your posts. i just thought i throw that comment in there. :-O

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2725
Thanks again jonathan, i found one on ebay here by indoaudio / tell me what you think about it and if its worth it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5844310903%26&sspagename= STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT%26

The output seems off from the arc audio website

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2726
I went ahead and emailed arc audio directly since they dont have any dealers in maryland. Hopefully i could order directly thru them.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5181
I don't think Indo is authorized for Arc, or hardly anything they sell. I've heard some shaky things about them, especially warranty report with the Dynaudios they sell. I'd call Arc and try to find the nearest dealer.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2727
I had a feeling they werent authorized for what they sell. Thanks for the heads up though. Ill just wait and see what arc audio emails me back regarding the dealer.

You are the most informative person ive come across online and have picked up valuable help from you regarding car audio. Just wanted to thank you for helping me out over the months. If i lived closer i whould pay you to evaluate and fine tune my system and install future projects..oh well lol

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2730
Here are the prices that Arc Audio can do for me thru them. Im leaning toward the 1500-XXK and just run it bridged at 4 ohm to match my 12w6v2's. Thats cheaper then a JL 1000/1 and this is suppose to have better build quality and last longer and comes with the 1 year warranty thru arc audio. Sounds good

1500-XXK $689
KAR 10002.T $399
KAR 900.1D $429
(plus shipping)

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2731
so i got the email back from arc audio and they recommended the 2500-XXK over the 1500-XXK.

Do you think its worth the extra money to get the 2500-XXK jonathan ?

Looks like both will get the job done

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2732
so i got the email back from arc audio and they recommended the 2500-XXK over the 1500-XXK.

http://www.arcaudio.com/arc-05/amplifiers/xxk_2500.htm

Do you think its worth the extra money to get the 2500-XXK jonathan ?

Looks like both will get the job done

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5187
The 2500 is the better amp (as far as power, headroom, distortion, etc), but it's whether you want to pay more. Your call. Both will do the job, but it won't hurt to have the extra power of the 2500 for sure.

Bronze Member
Username: Maniac

Post Number: 33
jonathan are the karr series any good they look different why are they cheaper? Do you think the kar 1000.2 is better than jl 100/1

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2733
Thanks, i ended up going for the XXK-2500 and i will have it soon. I whould recommend arc audio over JL as far as build quality.

http://www.arcaudio.com/arc-05/amplifiers/xxk_2500.htm

Silver Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 287
hey mo let me no how that amp sounds witht he 2 w6v2 because as u no thats wat im gonna b getting and need a amp for it so if you could let me no sometime that would be great

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2734
Ill make a post on it soon.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us