Bad idea?

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 403
ok lets just say that someone has enough money to do this.

ok, like someone buys like 50 JL 13W7's and 50 JL 1000/1 amps. and had one amp per sub. would if it bad to tune each amp and sub to a different Hz to cover a full range or is that just stupid?

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 349
very stupid.

Silver Member

Post Number: 405
oh, i was just thinking about it and i thought i'd ask. lol

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Jacksonville, Florida U.S.

Post Number: 213
who has that kinda money anyway? i mean damn lol

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 341
I kid you not in my friends Mustang we test fitted a vented enclosure I built for a JL W3, it fit extremely well so we kept it and the credence 10 in there temporarily. This box is 1.5 cubic feet and tuned to like 32hz. He builds a box to match it but since he sucks at measurements he ends up with a 1.1 cubic foot box that we had to tune around 39hz; needless to say I had my speculations about the spectacularly awful sound his car was going to produce but what we got was UNREAL. His car sounds very fluid and has wonderful dynamic range, I can tell he doesn't want to give me my W3 box back because he likes the way it sounds and is afraid to change it now. This was one of those random happenings but it's food for thought. As for having them tuned to every different frequency, eventually you're going to end up with a frequency the sub likes to produce and it would be pronounced over the others.

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 120
What kind of Mustang is it in?

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 785
I don't think it's necessarily a BAD idea. Because for each frequency you'd get a 3dB increase since you'd be porting at every 1Hz. It would make it hard to decipher your loudest tone though. It'd be interesting to see actually. But why not try it with something a little more affordable, like some RE RE's. They have a nice bandwidth, and are MUCH cheaper.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 706
NOL1M1TSOLD1ER,

May I reccomend this really cool website for you to read. It is really cool. There you will find all kinds of really cool stuff. Check it out.

www.bcae1.com

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 723
You'd need a tractor trailer so you'd have real estate for 50 subs. lol

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 353
98 GT with no aftermarket sound deadening, Mach 460 sound system with factory everything except the tweets in the pods up front have been replaced.

Silver Member

Post Number: 411
i was just asking man, you don't need to be sarcastic about it lol... i'll read the site, just for you... mite take me a cuple weeks though... im a slow reader
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us