Powering two re sx15s

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 106
I've looked at realm of excursion to see what some people are running with them but noticed most of those amps do not put out true power. Local audio place doesn't recommend me me running 1000RMS each even though thats what they call for. They did some with a 9v battery and something else? Idk its strange. I'm going to push at least 1000rms to each to prove them wrong so now I'm looking for some amps or amp. would a KX2500.1 work? It is 2500 @ 2ohm. I could do strapped KX1200.1s... 1200 @ 1ohm. I'm probably going to call the company itself and see what they recommend to run them.

Silver Member
Username: Greeney

Grove, MN US

Post Number: 110
im running about 1200RMS to mine

- local audio places probably dont know Resonant Engineering!

Silver Member

Grove, MN US

Post Number: 111
if ur calling let me know what they say^

Silver Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 107
I just got off the phone with them and he suggersted a Directed 1100d for each. I mentioned the KX1200.1 and he said that would work fine as well. Only thing he mentioned not be advisable would be to go more than 1200RMS. But for sure 1000-1200RMS to each is recommended. Yeah they do not know RE well. The best product they deal with is Diamond Audio. They have seen REs before but this is the first time they have ever experienced one. Lets blow em away :P. Even without them knowing the subs well the owner said he could get 150+ out of em both so lets see what happens.

Silver Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 108
I just got off the phone with them and he suggersted a Directed 1100d for each. I mentioned the KX1200.1 and he said that would work fine as well. Only thing he mentioned not be advisable would be to go more than 1200RMS. But for sure 1000-1200RMS to each is recommended. Yeah they do not know RE well. The best product they deal with is Diamond Audio. They have seen REs before but this is the first time they have ever experienced one. Lets blow em away :P. Even without them knowing the subs well the owner said he could get 150+ out of em both so lets see what happens.

Silver Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 109
sorry about the double post, net went weird one me :-(

Silver Member

Grove, MN US

Post Number: 112
yeah i just love going to local audio stores and talking to the poeple that work there cause there always asking what u got and i tell him RE SX 12 and hes like soo i got a kicker L7 solo baric and its just like k dude have u heard these subs??, think they have the best stuff out on the market and stuff, not saying i have the best out there but i think its better then then L7

Silver Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 110
I don't have mine in yet but I know its going to sound better than an L7. I do give it to the L7s, they have good SPL, bout it. I should be at least 155dB with these two 15s but well see after its all installed and metered. The box should be done fairly soon. Now I just have to get some amps : \. Would that kx 2500.1 work? Its for a 2ohm load and these are dvc 2ohm. There is no way to wire em for a 2 ohm load, or at least im not thinking of it. Two kx1200.1s and wire the subs parallel for a 1ohm load?

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 864
the subs are dvc2ohm right? if they are, wire they series/parrellel to get a 2ohm load, they would work perfect with that amp, but if you want 2 amps you could allways go with the RE 12.1

Silver Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 113
I called RE about getting a pair of 12.1s and they said they won't have them for at least another month. I'm open for any brand amp as long as it puts out 1000-1200RMS. Anyone have any suggestions besides the kx1200.1s or kx2500.1? Perhaps an orion 2400d? two Memphis 1100? I'm trying to save as much money as I can but good amps are not cheap. I'm trying to stay away from ebay for the simple fact my bro got ripped off $1,500. Links or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Btw, box is 6.8cuft without speaker disp. and ports, two chamber. Ports will be tuned to 28Hz.

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 480
hmmm I dunno about 155 db+, yea those subs get loud but 155 db's+ is F'n LOUD and hard to get! And your tuning your ports to 28 hz, which sounds better but is not quite as loud as a high tuned port, (tuned to your cars resonant freq. I think im correct but correct me if im wrong lol) and If im correct Marshal White has 1 15" sx in a changable port box, and does 149 ish with a high tuned port, and he really knows what hes doing!

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 173
I dont think people know what 155DB sounds like, LOL!
Chest Pounding, literally

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Jacksonville, Florida U.S.

Post Number: 261
i wish i could make me a custon box and fit behind the seat of my truck for a sx...damn single cab truck :-(

Bronze Member
Username: Fmxkid003

Post Number: 12
ask RE Audio for their authorized dealers, because i called too and asked for a 12.1 amp and they didnt have any, i got a authorized dealers number, they had one and i orderd it. this happend last week, so im sure theres still some around!

Bronze Member
Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 18
I have my two 12" RE SX hooked to a KX2500.1 and I'm more than satisfied. I'm astonished.

Silver Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 116
Well the box is being build at a local audio shop and they said they should be able to get around 155dB. They are going to use a oscilloscope and meter it to set everything up right. Inside the box will be deadened, rounded on the inside to compress the waves more, 1-1/2inch mdf walls front and back, and possibly all the way around if the box flxes when its burped. The truck is halfway done with the sound deadening but will get completely done. I need to get a head unit with at least 4A preouts plus upgrade to a 350A-400A alt and I might even run two Optima Yellow tops. They got 3 Diamond 12"s to hit 150s with just 1000RMS so wel'll see what happens. Whenever it is all said and done I'll post numbers. For now it is just in the beginning. I'd really like to run two RE 12.1s to keep it all in the family. They are the same price as the KX2500.1, $800 for the two or $800 for the one. They garauntee it to at least hit 150dB so hopefully it will do what we are all expecting. As long as it is as loud as my car with two MTX10s and two MTX12s I'll be happy. He mentioned a delear but he said there was none near me? I'm located in Denton, Texas, I'd think there would be one somewhere near. I do realize how oud it is, 150dB = a jet engine at 30M. Hard to believe you can achive that through something so far that the source like a jet.

Silver Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 118
Speaking of amps. That KX2500.1, does it run a 300A internal fuse? Most of the time you can tell how much power an amp will put out if you add the fuses together and multiply by 10. Does not work all the time but it gives you a rough estimate.

Silver Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 124
I'm going to try my best to get two RE 12.1s but does anyone know how far the subsonic filter on them go? I need to set it at 25Hz for the two 15s and if they do not go that low i might look into another amp of get a crossover.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us