Volfenhag

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 115
I know everybody hates them based on what everybody says here, but have any of you acually tested them out (besides Tyler). They are super cheap, but that's just the thing. Why would you pay a hundred dollars a piece on good 8" woofers when you could buy two twelves for that. Why not buy ten of these for $500. I know, durability right. I know for a fact that two of these can hit 130db. Mine have been pushing that for almost a year now.
So what would ten of them do.

Seriously, I am not big a Volfenhag fan, but for the price, why not?

Silver Member
Username: Greeney

Grove, MN US

Post Number: 105
now why in the h3ll would u want to have 10 peices of sh!t, yea its around 500.00 but umm, your looking at:
1. AMPS - 5000RMS total (hah good luck)
2. WIRE- thats gonna set you back a little
3. ENCLOSURE/SPACE - where u gonna put em?
4. HIGH OUTPUT ALTERNATOR- 300.00+ for that
5. OPTIMA YELLOW TOP/EXTRA BATTERIES
6. BAD SOUNDING SYSTEM- whos gonna wanna hear it?
7. SOUND DAMPNING- $$$
8. STOCK SPEAKERS- will need replacing probably

y not just get some better subs for around 500.00 like Resonant Engineering-- (even cheaper with the group buy idk if its still going?)

RE8- $49
RE10- $59
RE12- $69

SE10- $149
SE12- $169
SE15- $199

SX10- $239
SX12- $249
SX15- $269
SX18- $309

XXX10- $359
XXX12- $369
XXX15- $399
XXX18- $429

MT10- $409
MT12- $419
MT15- $449
MT18- $479

then u got Eclipse, JL, Image Dynamics, Adire, ect.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 782
Your 8's hit 130dB? That's pretty decent for a couple of 8's. My twelves capped out at 134-135dB in a sealed enclosure.

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 428
put ur 12s in a ported way louder i had mine in a seled it was ok then made a ported an wow ill never go back 2 sealed

Silver Member

Post Number: 783
I realize that Scott, but, I'm a big sealed fan. I like the depth of the bass from a sealed cabinet.

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 116
I never said I had a pair of 8's that did 130db. I said my twelves can. I have them in a sealed enclosure, don't personally like ported. I don't think they really sound bad, that's why I was asking if anyone else has owned them. I only bought them cause I they where cheap, and I already had my good system stolen. I only have a 75amp ALT so i'll have to wait untill I get a bigger one for the RE's.

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 117
P.S. I was drunk last night and meant it as a joke really.

Silver Member

Grove, MN US

Post Number: 113
k, well i didnt know so my bad
P.S. you type very well for being drunk... kinda hard to believe

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 119
I had a really good typing teacher in high school.

Silver Member

Grove, MN US

Post Number: 114
good to hear

Silver Member

Post Number: 788
Ummm...Yea........

Well either way, that sucks if you only have a 75A alt. My stock's 130A.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3954
"Your 8's hit 130dB? That's pretty decent for a couple of 8's. My twelves capped out at 134-135dB in a sealed enclosure."

my two 6.5 inch tangbands hit 130 db with 280 rms at 43 hz daily driver box.....so 8's can easily do it and I like the volfenhag stuff also but ive heard the re stuff is of better quality

Silver Member

Post Number: 792
RE stuff is of MUCH better quality. I'd say Volfenhag would be something to recommend to a person who is sold on Sony/Pyle/Pyramid. At least with Volfenhag they'll get better SQ/Power handling/Build quality for less.

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 124
Have you owned RE's before Tyler?

Silver Member

Post Number: 813
Nope. Can't say I have. But I've owned Volfenhags, and have heard better brands such as the Alpine Type-R, Cerwin Vega V-Max, Kicker CVR's, Memphis Subs(not sure on model), Infinity Kappa perfects.

Those may not be up to par with RE, but they all sounded better in one way or another than my Volfenhags, so I'm sure when people on here say that RE is a very good brand, there's a reason for saying such.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3959
I REALLY like the perfects from a musical affordable standpoint and I agree the volfenhags dont match them there but they do sound better than most think but they have to be in the right box

Silver Member

Post Number: 817
I agree the Perfects have a nice sound to them. Not all that loud, but at low to moderate levels, the SQ if very clean and accurate.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us