First System

Anonymous

this is my first system going into a 2001 monte carlo ss... i am thinking about getting two 12 inch RE SEs in a ported box with a jl audio 1000/1 amp for a good SQ system that would get pretty loud

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3334
go 4 it

Anonymous

also i am probially going to keep the origional speakers... and have a kenwood mp628 hu and would like oponions on a better HU for around 250-300. thank you

Anonymous

or is there an amp that will put out the same quality at about 1000 rms @ 1 ohm that is cheaper then the 1000/1

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3336
the 1000/1 is not 1 ohm stable, but u could still wire the subs in series and it would work (4ohm load)

Also i would look into some nice comps to go with it, because ur stock speakers might not keep up with the se's.

Anonymous

will i need another amp for the component speakers or will the hu power them? also what would be a good choice of a head unit

thanx for all your help

Anonymous

would i need to upgrade my component speakers if i got one RE SE 12 and a JL 500/1. for the head unit, i was thinking of a Pioneer DEH-P80MP.

Anonymous

also, do i need a subwoofer equalizer and crossover in the headunit, or is one without it okay if i have a 1000/1?

Username: Nattyamur

Post Number: 4
the DEH-P80MP is a nice head unit i just got mine in and that baby can push i have mine set up @ 40w becouse my original speakers cant handle too much power but go for it you will love it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us