New Systems

L4di3sm4nn
Unregistered guest
I dont know too much ab car audio, just the basics...Im ab to buy a system for my 94 Explorer but dont know what size or type of panel speakers to buy...any ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 712
Go for a set of 6.5" coaxial Infinitys with like a 75W amp. Good setup to start off with. Can add a sub from there or upgrade to some components. The sky is the limit.

Username: Mtheiss

Post Number: 1
Yeah i already have 2 600 watt 12" Rockword subs and a 900 watt Rockword amp i was just wondering what size speakers are needed and if i need to replace all of them throughout the truck

Silver Member

New Jersey US

Post Number: 718
Either 6.5" or 5.25", whatever you can fit. You don't have to replace them all. It's really up to what you think sounds good. I'd go for replacing the fronts and disconnecting the rears and see if you like how it sounds. Then connect the rears again and see if you like it with or without rears. Then decide if you want to spend money on getting speakers for the rear.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 536
The truck takes 6x8 all the way around, but 5x7 fit the same. i would use inifty reference on a 4 channel and you would be fine.

Silver Member

New Jersey US

Post Number: 719
Yea, I have a Ford Ranger, takes 5x7/6x8. I haven't tried it yet, but I think 5.25s should fit without much effort, if any.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 806
Jake, if you want to make it simpler, you could try getting some of the conversion brackets. I'm getting four of them, for about $20.

Username: Mtheiss

Post Number: 2
Hey you guys tahnks for all the help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us