Necessary

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 400
would you guys recomend a capacitor for your system or is it a wast, or does it depend on how many watts your running?

Silver Member

Post Number: 401
and the same with cross overs, do you need them or not matter

Anonymous

http://www.bcae1.com/

Silver Member

Post Number: 402
thank you

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 709
First, learn what each piece does.

Here's a link on charging systems (including capacitors):
http://wickedcases.com/caraudio/charging.html

There should be info on crossovers on bcae.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5165
Capacitors: No.

Crossovers: They're essential.

Silver Member

New Jersey US

Post Number: 715
Yea sorry, I would have detailed more on those myself, but I'm at work when I make these posts, so I'm trying to cover helping out more people, so my posts tend to get less detailed from lack of time :-(

Silver Member

New Jersey US

Post Number: 716
Yea sorry, I would have detailed more on those myself, but I'm at work when I make these posts, so I'm trying to cover helping out more people, so my posts tend to get less detailed from lack of time :-(

Silver Member

Post Number: 404
ok so like Capacitors are pointless or pointless untill you get to a certain amout of wattage? how much are cross-overs?

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 537
Capacitors in most cases make no audible difference in your sound, and if anything, put your stress on your electrical system.

Silver Member

Post Number: 407
yeah, because my friends lights dimmed to the point where they were almost off, then he installed a capasitor and they just barley dim now... so they are just for the electrical benefit, not the soung benefit. and the cross-overs are for the sound... correct?

Silver Member

Post Number: 408
sound*

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1916
"yeah, because my friends lights dimmed to the point where they were almost off, then he installed a capasitor and they just barley dim now... so they are just for the electrical benefit, not the soung benefit. and the cross-overs are for the sound... correct?"

his alternaor is now feeding the cap and the battery. it will soon die. the lack of "symptoms" is similar to steroids for athletes in sports. they play hard for awhile until their bodies break down.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us