Can 6x9 speaker (and an amplifier) provide powerful bass?

Bronze Member
Username: Panamanian

Panama cityPanama

Post Number: 99
I have a headunit (non pre-amplified), without amplifier (connected to my two stock front speakers), and my two Pioneer (ts-a6991) 460w rear speakers. They sound kinda weak and with distortion (specially the front ones), I adjusted the FADER to hear more the rear speakers, but my question is... will an amplifier convert my powerful rear speakers into a deep/powerfull bass speaker? or not too much?

NOTE: I am not comparing this speakers to a subwoofer, but will i still get mucho bass?

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 166
you would get some nice bass but nothing like a sub but you have to becarefull not to put to much or youll blow the 6x9

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 526
no, internal speakers were not meant to have mucho bass from them.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 776
Any round speaker will also handle more power and give greater SQ than an ovular or square shaped speaker.

6x9's really aren't meant to have a lot of bass, well not good sounding bass, just crappy "boom boom" bass. You'd be better off with some components. Even at that though, like Ty said, your speakers are not meant to reproduce the bass from music and tones in manners that a subwoofer would.

Silver Member
Username: Panamanian

Panama cityPanama

Post Number: 101
Tomorrow I will buy then:

Pioneer Deh-2770MP (use my 2 stock speakers in front, and my 6x9 rear speakers WITHOUT ANY AMPLIFIER only the pre-amp channel from the HEADUNIT) an XM-502Z amplifier (120w rms x 1)
and a 12" XS-L121P5

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 63
IMO - for the average consumer a good pair of 6x9's adequately powered can provide more than enough bass.

For all the 12v geeks on these forums?? No, probably not going to cut it.

I remember back in the day when my brother put some yamaha 6x9's in his car powered by a nice 50x2 PPI. I lost count of all the people who asked him what kind of subs he had.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us