2 ohms with the mtx thunder 9200 @ 2000w @ 2 ohms
now i think i'll get a 200 amp alternator
but not sure # of batteries to get????
suggestions???

Bronze Member
Username: Greeney

Grove, MN US

Post Number: 84
i have 2 extra, but i havent hooked them up yet cause i hear the more batteries the more strain on the stock alt. ___if you know people who work at a local auto repair store they have some good condition batteries, (anyways in minnesota they do cause people run out and get new batteries when the cold comes around which in some cases its not nessisary (<spelling?)

and thats what i did

Bronze Member
Username: Reloaded

Mebane, NC U.S.A

Post Number: 38
might wanna get a bigger amp then that, juss for headroom otherwise it looks like you may have to get a yellow top deep cycle battery. It really depends what you are puttin it in like how many acc does it have. You want be powerin them simulaneously but like I said maybe some headroom.

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 224
why do you have to get a exra do you have to or is it just for preference is there a certain amount of wattage you need a extra one and this is supposing you have a ho alt

Silver Member
Username: Kirbdog22

New Bern, North Carolina USA

Post Number: 120
do not understand ur question

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1410
why would you even need an extra battery for that system if you are going to upgrade your alt? like reloaded said, you should get something bigger than that for headroom or if you decide to upgrade your system later to a more powerful one. if 200amp alt is what you are gonna get then get the yellow top and you should be fine.

Bronze Member
Username: Reloaded

Mebane, NC U.S.A

Post Number: 43
yea true chad is right now that I look back its a lil choppy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us