Eminence subwoofers

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 252
would a pro audio subwoofer sound good in a car?i can get this sub cheap cause my dad is good friends with a guy, who is good friend with the owner of eminence.check out the sub
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=290-570
to me, this looks a lot better than the dayton titanic

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 703
Alex,

This is a pro sound sub. It is used for bass guitar boxes, and/or other musical instruments.

Usually musical instrument speakers are high SPL (96 dB and up), but those are mainly for voice and midrange. High SPL studio monitors get real loud because they have a light cone and a large magnet and other characteristics that make them loud.

Since this is a sub; it will have to create volume by having a heavy cone and an even larger magnet, voice coil, etc...

Anyways, I ran the thiel small parameters on it through BassBoxPro 6, and it looks really impressive. It goes down to 5 Hz in a .724 cubic foot box sealed and stuffed.

Remember this is a 6 ohm driver, so you will need to find an amp that will put out 400 watts at 6 ohms (not 4 ohms).

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 704
Wait,

For some reason when I inputed the thiel large parameters from the Eminence acrobat reader PDF file, the thiel large parameters are differenmt from the thiel small parameters posted on the parts express website.

So, here are the new more realistic box alignments.

Vb = 1.317 cubic foot sealed (no stuffing)
QTC = .707
QL = 6.946
F3 = 46.58 Hz

VB = 3.073 cubic foot ported box
FB = 22.13 Hz
QL = 6.946
F3 = 26.45 Hz
Dv = 3"
LV = 10.7"

This is more like it.

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 705
In a comparison between the dayton titanic 12" and the eminance lab 12"; I would recommend the Eminence.

The Eminence has a higher Bl, Higher Qms, Lower Qes, and a bigger magnet.

The only things that the dayton has over the Eminence is the Vas is lower, and has a higher Qts (better for smaller sealed applications).

The Eminence rocks at 15 Tesla Meters (Bl). This thing is going to pound.

OUCH !

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 256
thanks man. my dad might want this sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us