Is it bad to have amp on back of seat???

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 315
somewhere i heard that it is bad to place an amp in a vertical position..like on the back of your seat...is this true??

Username: Norcoman

Post Number: 5
its bullsh** its best to acctually, have the amp upside down, try it

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1400
got mine vertically on the back of my seat for sometime now and i have no problem.

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 322
Trunk Mounting Mounting the amplifier vertically will provide adequate cooling of the amplifier. Mounting the amplifier on the floor of the trunk will provide the best cooling of the amplifier. Mounting the amplifier upside down to the rear deck of the trunk will not provide proper cooling and will severely affect the performance of the amplifier and is strongly not recommended. Passenger Compartment Mounting Mounting the amplifier in the passenger compartment will work as long as you provide a sufficient amount of air for the amplifier to cool itself.If you are going to mount the amplifier under the seat of the vehicle, you must have at least 1" (2.54cm) of air gap around the amplifier's heatsink. Mounting the amplifier with less than 1" (2.54cm) of air gap around the amplifier's heatsink in the passenger compartment will not provide proper cooling and will severely affect the performance of the amplifier and is strongly not recommended.

thats straight from the rockford manual
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us