Jl Audio or Kicker

eagle45
Unregistered guest
Just ordered my 12" Sx. now I need an amp to power that thing. I was thinking of going for the JL 1000/1 or the Kicker Sx 1250.1. Which of the two would be a better choice?

Bronze Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 41
both great amps.
The JL might be slightly less demanding electrically at 4 ohms than the Kicker at 1, and similar power. It's hard to have a strong opinion either way.

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Jacksonville, Florida U.S.

Post Number: 149
agreed ^^...both are absolutely great amps

eagle45
Unregistered guest
ok with the jl amp i will have to wire the sub at 4 ohms and with the kicker at 1 ohm. will the sub sound louder at 1 ohm or will it sound the same at 4 ohms since it is properly powered?

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 478
that jl puts out the same power from 1.5 to 4ohm and from 11 volt to 14.4 volts

eagle45
Unregistered guest
yes, I know that but will the sub sound the same when it is wired at 1 ohm and at 4 ohm.

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 313
yes

Silver Member

Post Number: 482
no, that amp has to have the correct voltage going to it in order to get the 1000w. and the jl does not have to work as hard. and the kicker needs 14.4 volts to get the wattage and it has a high thd:1.5 and the jl has .05 at rated power

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 527
4 ohms with the same power as a sub at 1 ohm, will sound cleaner. 4 ohms is actually optimal.

Silver Member

Post Number: 483
unless he can charge that amp to 14.4, it is a mute point, the kicker amp will not push the same power as the JL and the thd distortion rate is way higher then JLs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us