Subs on my computer

Bronze Member
Username: Kwrubel21

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 77
any way to hook my sub and amp up to my computer?

could i use a wall outlet, and cut the power wire, and just put it into my amp? then ground it to something metal in the basement? i have a digital line out on my computer speakers that go into two rca's.

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 377
you can't hook up a car amp to yoru house hold outlets, the type of electricity is different, you have to get like a converter or something, but you can hook up your subs to a boom box or somethign, but not the amp

Bronze Member
Username: Kwrubel21

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 78
ahh, i see. if i could hook that sub and amp up to my computer, my house would shake sooo bad, it already shakes my heat ducts. and it's only a 150 watt 10 inch logitech sub. hahahaha.

Bronze Member
Username: Mellowyellow

Post Number: 23
let me kno how that works for u, my friend bought a sub for 20 dollars it was 8inchs i think wit like 400max watt and did some ghetto wiring and hooked up to his lil boom box ashame its not gettin powered right. but it still worked

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 335
what you can do is buy a bass guitar amp head and use that as the amp. then run RCA wires from your computer to the amp head. its hard to set the frequencies but i did it.

Username: C10_250

Post Number: 10
What ever you do, keep quite a bit of distance between your sub & your CPU. The magnet can seriously screw up your harddrive among other things.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 706
Yea I had my X.X.X about 4 feet away from my monitor and I could still see the magnet pulling at the monitor :-X
You can go from your soundcard output (1/8" inch to RCAs) into some kind of an amp. You can get relatively cheap plate amps and stuff off of www.partsexpress.com and hook up your sub to it so that you don't have to get an AC to DC converter to run a car amp.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 707
Oh, and if oyu do decide to get an AC to DC converter, make sure you check amperage output at 12V. Need a lot more amperage at 12V then you do at 110V.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us