Kicker l5's....your opinion

On The Run
Unregistered guest
im a basshead however im on a budget. I see the l5's on ebay r pretty cheap and i really would like to get two of them. However, as i look at the reviews of them people r sayin they r crap and probably wont last that long. If these aren't the subs i think they r and im heading myself down the wrong path please let me know. IF they arent could You suggest 2 15's that have pounding bass and can get really low. Im on a budget so im not looking to spend no more than $350. Maybe $400. Thanx!

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3287
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=295-420

On The Run
Unregistered guest
ne other suggestions. please.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1398
okay. go out and buy some square paper plates. then buy the same plates in the circular form. now, feel them lol. notice the square plate is not as sturdy. thats like the L5, there are stress points and cone flex causing distortion. they are not of the best build... there are many other choices around. chauncys sugestions has been around the forum lately. no1 is sure of its performance yet but it looks to be a good sub. however you could also look into RE SE 15s that wouls be 167 each from the re group buy. you must order before dec 31st though. and id even suggest the CVR 15s over the L5 15s if you like kicker...

look around! there are so many choices. want some SQ? diamond D6 on ebay... and there are many other choices then that...

On The Run
Unregistered guest
thanx trevor. i've thought of CVR's but several people have told me they are junk. Im looking for spl and i want a lot of hard hitting bass. What subs have you had experience with cause i dont wanna buy something based on hearsay. thanx.

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Jacksonville, Florida U.S.

Post Number: 123
the cvs's would be a choice if you went with the 15's

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 466
l5's will not hold power that they are rated for, they and the l7s blow kinda easy.

On The Run
Unregistered guest
so lets say i get the two 15 cvr's. what amp should i power them with and what kind of box.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 334
get the dual 4ohm CVR's and get a orion 1200D. the amp is around $350 bucks. get a big ported box and wire the subs to 1ohm.

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Jacksonville, Florida U.S.

Post Number: 132
thats a great amp

On The Run
Unregistered guest
Hey guys with this system will i have to upgrade my alternator.

On The Run
Unregistered guest
^??

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3930
u could also do a pair of diamond audio D3 15s 4ohms dvc version off that orion amp

since u said u want 2 play it loud alot , then a alt upgrade is recommended ......

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 122
i dont really know where you heard that the cvr's are bad but they dont know what they are talking about. i have 2 cvr's in my car and they hit very low and very accurate. the 15" is deeper but overpowers the music a little much. any of the cvr's would be great.

On The Run
Unregistered guest
do nebody have box dimensions cause i dont know where to go from here about gettin a box. i wanna make it myself but i dont have a clue how to calculate specs and all that stuff. can u guys help me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us