154 db with 2 jl subs

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 226
do u think this guy really hit 154.4 db?
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/gallery/detail.php?vehicle_id=825

Bronze Member
Username: Maniac

Post Number: 20
in the Port

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 444
and on what ,meter

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3931
lets put it this way do you think those drivers are capable of the 154 db you quoted .....my answer... yes

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5122
It'd be really hard to hit 154.4 with W6v2s, especially 2 10W6v2s, but anythings possible with good design. Depends on the mic, location, deadening of the vehicle, and other factors. Grand Cherokees can get pretty loud, though.

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 227
what about w7's?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3935
Im glad Jonathan followed up on my post because he made clear what I meant by my statement but I didnt say outright......install install install ....do your research put in the time youll most surely be rewarded

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2699
How about 2 15w3v2's jonathan ? Sealed or Ported ? SQ and SPL ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3945
personally I LOVE the sq out of the 12 w3 I had in my car but ive never heard the 15's.....I heard low notes out of that 12w3 ive never heard any sub do with such authority for a single 12

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5131
"How about 2 15w3v2's jonathan ? Sealed or Ported ? SQ and SPL ?"

With enough power and a good box they could, too hard to call, though. Depends on what mic you're running it on. It's hard to compare dbs of systems because not every shop has the new Termlab mic. It tends to read about 3db less than it's predecessors and competition. Sometimes even more than that.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 524
ABout the W7 question - yes, two 12W7's could easily hit the 154 dB mark if in a very nice box, ported, legal termlab at the dash.

Silver Member

Post Number: 471
I know MECCA does not measure at the dash. And the box is not just the only feature, there are alot of factors that will determine what you hit.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2700
Jonathan what amplifier whould you run to the 15w3v2's ? Im thinking about going with this setup in my SUV. I own a crossfire VR1000D thats stable down to 1 ohm or i should i be looking into a differant amp ? You think i should go ported or sealed. I tend to prefer sealed for SUV's but maybe you know more about this sub. Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 499
thats a good amp keep it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us