ALPINE SPS-171A in rear window shelf?!

Username: Stevey_raff

Post Number: 2
Is it possible to put these speakers in the back in the rear window shelf? They seem to mainly be installed in the door, but i really wanted them in the back... is this really not advisable?

Steve.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 679
anythings possible. if you have speaker cut outs there already, you can use them, if not you'll have to make them. make sure you have clearance below though for the trunk tension arms and stuff. also, you don't really need rear speakers unless you jsut want them. i don't know if you have done any research on that, but it'll save you some trouble and money.
www.wickedcases.com

Username: Stevey_raff

Post Number: 3
To tell you the truth, I bought them as an xmas present for my father. He was looking around for good rear speakers. I dunno why, he just always favoured speakers in the back shelf and thats what he was going for. I just wanted to know that he at least still had the option to put them in the back still if he really wanted to.
If these speakers turned out to be useless as rear window speakers and only worked good in the front door position - i would have considered returning them.
Anyways, since it seems ok to place them where ever i please, i'll stick with them and give them to him and let him decide.

Thanks,
Steve.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us