Quick multi-chan amp question

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 356
i found an old kenwood KAC-848 4-channel amp in my gf's attic. its rated at 50x4 @ 4ohms, and 75x4 @ 2ohms. ive never worked with a multi-channel amp before and i was wondering if there is anyway this could be hooked up to a subwoofer and at what ohm imp. it would be? i dont know how to bridge and all that but hopefully someone out there can give me a decent description on how to do so. thanks!

btw it would be hooked up to either 1 10" VMAX, compVR, or perfect10.1

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky.. USA duh

Post Number: 1202
u could bridge it,...i doubt it will be enough for the Vmax or comVR or the Perfect...it would do preatty good though.
I read that post bout ya girlfirend...if i was u id get her a goot component speaker system and run it with that amp, its a perfect balance

Silver Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 358
ya, i was thinking about that. 1 10" w/ that alpine amp and some components on the 4-channel would be perfect for her. i might have to throw some cash towards it but it'll be worth it when im not driving us around haha. thanks alot =)

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 410
make sure the sub is a single 4ohm voice coil

Silver Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 360
the amp rates 350x1 @ 2ohms and 200x1 @ 4ohms... so wouldnt i need a dual 4ohm to wire it @ 2ohms?

Silver Member

Post Number: 425
if that is a 4 channel, it can not be used as a 1 channel it is rated for 4channel stereo(2ohms max per channel, or 4ohm bridged using 2 channels

Silver Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 362
i was talking about the alpine amp i was considering for 1 10" sub, the kenwood you are refering too is indeed 4 channel. if bridged, how many watts would it put out at 4ohms? 150?

Silver Member

Post Number: 441
150 per bridged channel at a 4ohm load and the correct voltage going to it, I would say less then 150, if that amp was rated @14.4volts.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3941
if its 350 times 1 at 2 ohms then yes you would want a dual 4 ohm subwoofer for the most power
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us