Unrelated....nitrous

Anonymous

what kind of nitrous kit can u get on a jeep?? or can you not get one on a jeep?

Anonymous

is a jeep fuel injected

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1379
why would you want to put nitrous on a jeep?...

Thats like a 85 year old women getting breast implants, Just dont go together.

Bronze Member
Username: Southern_bass

Jacksonville, Florida U.S.

Post Number: 71
you see nitrous for jeeps all the time

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1380
but why? thats retarded

Anonymous

but...you dont know about my jeep man..

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1381
is it just a normal jeep? or what you havent mentioned anything about it.

Bronze Member
Username: Southern_bass

Jacksonville, Florida U.S.

Post Number: 74
^^bein sarcastic on that remark up there...i think its a stupid idea myself

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 437
"Thats like a 85 year old women getting breast implants, Just dont go together."

that is hilarious. LMAO

Silver Member
Username: Madeupname

Post Number: 124
fyi everytime u do a nitrous shot it puts about 40k miles on your engine.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1390
what? you mean equivelent amount of wear and tear of 40k miles?

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 190
joe what the world are u talking about where did u hear that

n1trous doesnt cause any problems as long as u use it responsibly u realy do need to know what u are doing.

what wrong with putting n1trous on a Geep

people spray their desil trucks with proprane they make have 600-800lb of T

u can put n1rous on anything just as long as the engine recives enough fuel, n1trous does nothing for performance, actually it allows more fuel to burn which realy gives the motor power, n1trous might cool down the intake charge a little

i seen people spray car that only run 7.50 N/A then shoot a 200hp shot and run 6's so as long as u have enough fuel it's okay,

had too change N1TROUS cuz the school computer dont like those words so if it sound funny thats why

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1404
Not sayin you cant but whats the point....
If its a plain old jeep. Maybe if it was a modded off road vehicle with all kinds of engine upgrades and nitrous would be the iceing on the cake but if its just a plain jeep then i dont see the point to it.

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 805
um, a nitrous system doesnt add power by adding fuel, thats what a supercharger does. it dumps in more oxygen to the cylinders by way of the nitrous oxide allowing much more fuel to be burned than with using any type of forced induction system. fuel wouldnt be the key to adding nitrous, its the engine parts. you could stick nitrous in a civic and end up with a blown engine. these 14 year olds need to stop thinking they know what they are talking about. and yes mike, i think its stupid too, unless you are into like some super offroad stuff where the nitrous is needed; offroaders in some competition in iceland use it on dune bugies designed to ho up near vertical slopes.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5097
Nitrous Oxide works by increasing the oxygen content in the fuel, allowing for more power as oxygen is much more flammable than other gases, as Chris said. Consequently, it's hotter as well. Nitrogen is used to cool the cylinders, but it doesn't keep them cool, it only slows the rate of the engine heating up. That's why nitrous can wear an engine out quicker with misuse. You will also have issues with the engine components handling the added torque and higher RPMS, modern engines (ESPECIALLY Hondas) are built with a "just enough" mentality. Any higher quality metal and heavier parts will require more weight, which will rob power initially and reduce gas mileage, so they don't build them that way.

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
woah hold up are u saying i dont now what i am talking about

nitrous is not flammabble at all by it self

and why dont u try adding nitrous without extra fuel and see what happens, yes a stronger bottom end will help but fuel is more important i read a article of a junkyard, true junkyard motor it was freshened up a little then it was sprayed with 300hp it would have taken even more but they sprayed it at to low of a rpm or part throttle were it didnt get the fuel it need and caused detonation, which will destory a motor quick, very quick, the nitrous add more oxygen to the intake

if u want i can break it down futher,

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5099
OXYGEN is flammable. Nitrogen isn't as flammable. Once you apply compression and heat to nitrous, it will burn more effectively than air because it has a higher oxygen content.

Gasoline by itself won't burn. You can throw a match in a gallon of gas and it will go out. Once gasoline mixes with air and gets oxygen, that's when it burns. Middle school science right there.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5101
Only reason gasoline is needed is because if there were too much oxygen, the vapors wouldn't be concentrated enough to ignite. That's why nitrous won't work without fuel added. Gas also cools the combustion chamber.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 806
still think you know what you are talking about? please try and break it down farther, i would love to see your 4th grade science come to play. im sure you know more than jonathan or me.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 808
please read this and ask me if you have any questions. you might not have learned chemistry yet.
http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/n2o/n2oc.htm

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 515
Jonathan brings to light the main point here. Being that of a lot of newer engines cannot handle the added torque, and RPM... Also, most jeeps are built for torque over horsepower, and redline at a relatively low RPM compared to cars built for speed over torque.. Using NOS, you're creating a much more flammable compound, which in turn gives more power, faster, and will cause RPMs to rise VERY quickly.

Also, why do you even want to go that fast in a jeep? They're a box on wheels... Trying to roll it?

If you want a fast 4x4, get a F150 lightning. If you want something that can climb like a mule and run for a short eternity, then get a jeep.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4094
"OXYGEN is flammable."

Sorry Jon but that's not really true. Oxygen is the very strong oxidizer, and is required for combustion. Combustion is the raction of a fuel with oxygen. A chemical equation for combustion would be: a compound with hydrogen and carbon, + 02 = CO2 + H20

Oxygen completely by it's self is not flammable. It is however very dangerous, as pure 02 can cause lots of stuff to combust.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1428
Correct me if im wrong but im almost 100% sure im right. You use oxygen and mix it with small amounts of sedaline and thats how a welder works? The sedaline makes the oxygen flammable. I knew a few guys that would put pure oxygen from a welder tank into a balloon then a tiny bit of sedaline. THen they would tie a long piece of toilet tissue to it like a fuse and make a oxygen bomb.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 809
good point there joe. any combustion reaction requires fuel, oxygen and some source of heat to start the reaction, in our case a spark. mike, you have a combustion reaction there. acetylene is a hydrocarbon so it udergoes a combustion reaction with the oxygen.
here is the MSDS
http://www2.siri.org/msds/mf/cards/file/0089.html
here is info on acetylene
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetylene
MSDS on oxygen
http://www2.siri.org/msds/mf/cards/file/0138.html
MSDS on nitrous
http://www2.siri.org/msds/mf/cards/file/0138.html
please take some chemistry classes for God's sake.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5111
"Sorry Jon but that's not really true. Oxygen is the very strong oxidizer, and is required for combustion. Combustion is the raction of a fuel with oxygen"

That's why I said this:
"Only reason gasoline is needed is because if there were too much oxygen, the vapors wouldn't be concentrated enough to ignite."

We were referring to nitrous oxide in the sense that oxygen is the part that promotes combustion, nitrogen isn't.

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
hey i looked in chris profile and he must realy be this age

do u think because i am young i dont know nitrous

whatever chris u probably dont even know how to spell fast yet alone own anything fast

why do u insist on post sites and claim u know what u are talking about but i never heard a word from ur mouth

except something that made little to no since to me

please explain

um, a nitrous system doesnt add power by adding fuel, thats what a supercharger does

by the way a supercahger compresses the air an raise the atmosperic pressure from 14.7 to what ever the super/turbcharge is capable of, within the time the intake vavle is open and in that time again allows more fuel to burn which produces more power. Thats why its called forced induction, and if no fuel is added detonation will occur which is the real problem

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 810
oh wise one, please teach this noob about everything you know.

looks as though you really arent reading too well either. you made an oversimplification by stating and only stating about fuel and not air. forced induction adds both but a supercharger mainly adds fuel where as a turbo mainly adds air. nitrous adds oxygen. you are correct about detonation but thats not a problem if you dont bother with adding oxygen which you never mentioned about. if you have to look into my profile and try to belittle me, than you are much lower than you try to make me as. i based my statements on your lack of explaination. maybe you do know alot about nitrous, but your comments say otherwise. you still havent tried to break down how nitrous works so i assume you dont know anything but what the salesman told you when you bought the kit for your car. i will be waiting.

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
okay i give it too i do not have a way with word i do now about nitrous and pretty much evrything else about a car, i just cant explain it well, unless u are in person with me, i just dont think like that

as for looking in your profile and reading your age it came after your 1month old actions

what kind of comments did i see from u

"these 14 year olds need to stop thinking they know what they are talking about"

"i would love to see your 4th grade science come to play. im sure you know more than jonathan or me."

"oh wise one, please teach this noob about everything you know."

just cuz i havent actuall gave it a chemical breakdown doesnt mean i know nothing.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 811
if you cant explain well than use lameman's terms or whatever. if you really do know what you are talking about than i would like to read about it. those comments are a response to the constant bantering of those that dont know what they are talking about and act like they do. you acted like you know something but i saw very little to back it up. if you can back it up than i have every reason to appologize, but you still dont bother to try. i would be more than willing to read a long post if it has any worthwhile information in it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 194
who cares what u think and what u think i know

u aint a freind of mine and it realy doesnt matter, the guy that started this thread is isnt even looking at this thread, and it just turned ito and argument between me and you

if you dont think i no what i am talking that u can think that. Upload

this is my dad car before we added a 125 shot to it and have yet to run it, it runs 6.90's on motor its a 406 in a full bodied car.

i got antother pic just hold up a minute i got to post this first

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 812
you just had to have the last word huh? still no explaination? by golly i wonder what that means? whatever, i guess you are like all the other prepubescent know-it-alls.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1265
"by the way a supercahger compresses the air an raise the atmosperic pressure from 14.7 to what ever the super/turbcharge is capable of"

FYI: it's supercharger, and they rate it in psi over engine vacuum.

And that car doesn't pull 6 seconds on the quarter mile. It would be bringing the tires up a lot further than that, and it would require some serioiuse modification to the frame and drivetrain. Look up on the internet on cars that are pulling 6 seconds on the quarter mile. There's a HUGE difference... I'd say more like 11 seconds, if you know how to drive it...

I have a 1982 Z-28 with a 427 Merlin Aluminum block, supercharged and two-two stage nitros systems on it. I have a good set of rubbers on the back, 3.73 12-bolt rearend with locker. 700R4 with trans brake, roll cage, five point racing seats, the works (but still streetable). I could go on all day about it... It runs off aviation fuel, has a wheelie bar (required or I would have turned it upside down by now) and I'm pulling mid 9's. My fastest time is 8.9 in Oregon. And I've spent more money that I want to admit on it.

Not to bring you down, but there's people on here that know a lot more than you do... I sit in the background, mostly because I'm busy, but when I see something as stupid as this... I just have to throw my word in...

And yea, unless you're doing some seriouse off roading, NOS isn't something to play with. You need to beef up the engine. It adds a lot of stress to everything. From bearings, to valves and rings... It creates a lot more heat, and you usually end up wrapping the engine up pretty far by the time the boost is done burning off...

By adding that HP, you put stress on everything. You have to transfer that power out to the wheels, don't you? So you're drivetrain has to be built up to handle it all too...

I can't remember the specifics, but inside the combustion chamber, at "normal" operation temperatures, it's hot enough that the metal is near it's flowing point. So a better cooling system is important too. You're creating a TON more heat when you hit that button...

I could go on all night, but I'll save it :P.

Also: it's not a motor, it's an engine. Motors create power from electricity, engines create power from a raw material...

And a 125 shot of nitros is nothing... After my 1-2 upshift I grab a 75 shot, then after the 2-3 I grab a 150 shot, then after the 3-4 upshift, I grab a 400 shot... I can head 90MPH down the freeway, slam it to the floor and literally burn rubber... Good luck pulling 6's...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1266
"and it would require some serioiuse modification to the frame and drivetrain"

*seriouse

"And I've spent more money that I want to admit on it."
*than

"o you're drivetrain has to be built up to handle it all too...
*your

(just had to correct myself :P)

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 813
exactly, thank you jake. i am glad i am not the only one annoyed by this kind of nonsense. i guess he has run with his tail between his legs.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1268
Nah, he's to immature to admit his "mistake". He'll be back, with more wild information to try and prove that he can defy every law of nature...

I've been messing with cars for a long time... And those Camaro's are pretty fast, but they were unibody, and require a lot of modification to the frame/body in order to handle lots of torque (which gets you off the line) and HP.

My 82 really isn't a Camaro anymore...

I'm currently doing a 1977 Monte Carlo. Old granny/ganster car, but it's an old "frame car". I can put as much engine I want in that baby. I'm really considering a V10 Viper engine... But I'm not really a Dodge/Mopar guy...

Or maybe one of the new 572 all aluminum blocks... But those are $20k a peice...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1269
Oh, and a note on the Jeep. I always put a cam kit in my Jeeps. They usually come with stiffer springs, a "better designed" cam, and timing chain and gears.

My old 1985 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer with the 2.5L single barrel wouldn't climb sh1t in high range, put that cam in, and it made all the difference in the world. Gives you a lot higher powerband.

But honestly, if you're wanting to get extreme, put a SBC under the hood. Nothing's better than some Chevy love... (even if it IS a Jeep)

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 342
Nitrous is fun, Jeeps have low gear and 4WD the potential to move about 300 feet fast enough to make you sick is there as long as you don't mind fixing broken stuff. DO IT it's fun and you only live once, just don't hurt yourself and do it somewhere safe.

Silver Member

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 343
Sorry guys had to play devils advocate ; ) my Camaro nitrous grenade is still running strong but I'm Irish, luck's on my side MUUHAHAHAAA!

Silver Member

Post Number: 197
okay guys u are slow obviuosly my dads car is not running 6's in the quarter duh..and u say i dont know what i am talking about and this other guy running aviation fuel in his car, why, do u know that fuel is not made for a "engine" that constanly changes rpm, aviation fuel is made for 1 constant rpm, why not cam2 in your car.

and a 125 shot is nothing, okay we are not racing for money this a what my dad wants to do,

jake wrote "And I've spent more money that I want to admit on it" well my dad hasnt spent much of any, 8000$ at the most for everything, i mean everything

Jake wrote this to "Nah, he's to immature to admit his "mistake"." ??????????

if u running nitrous and a supercharger should u be runnig quicker than that. 400 shot + blower+427

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 814
aviation fuel is leaded so it would not work too well in an automotive engine.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 786
Ok, I really don't care about all this chemistry stuff. I passed chemistry with a 3.9. But what I find funny is 1. Two gold members arguing a tad, and 2. That someone FINALLY ripped on a Honda.

I get SO SICK of people around here going "HONDA IS GOD". Sure, they'll live longer than that 85 yr. old woman with breast implants, but they don't seem like great "tuner" cars. I think my car would make a better tuner car lol :P. Besides, it's those cars like Eclipses, Cougars, and Celicas you see on TV that are tuners. So who cars about Hondas. They're about as useful as sea turtles (they live nearly 150 yrs.)

Silver Member

Post Number: 787
Yea, and I realize that TV stuff is garbagy lies as well, but sportier cars look cooler than Hondas do fixed up. I find it funny when you see the guy going down the road with his "f-a-r-t can" (because he can't afford or care to put something like Borla on his car) with a 5-6" outlet, and it's bigger than the car itself. Especially on a 4 banger, they sound crappy. Just MO. Although, I'll be stuck getting a f-art can, since Borla is g-ay and doesn't make 2.5" inlets...

Silver Member

Post Number: 198
tyler are u okay why did u come off like that

hey chris and I agreeded on something :-)

who was talking about hondas

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1423
what is wrong with hondas. it gets me around. and what is a f-a-r-t can?

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
a big 5inch tip that most ricers put on thier cars, not saying u do own a f@rt can

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1427
lol. ok thx. but it is a ricer. whatever that means. i am assuming since it is a japanese car it is called that right?

Silver Member

Post Number: 793
I was talking about Jon's and Joe's contradiction. And "You will also have issues with the engine components handling the added torque and higher RPMS, modern engines (ESPECIALLY Hondas) are built with a "just enough" mentality." that's what I was talking about. Someone finally said that a Honda has a flaw.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5173
Honda is filled with flaws, sure there are people that will ignore them, but it's always been the case. Hell, a 78 Accord would be rusted by the time it left the dealer show room. I've worked on enough of them not to buy one, unfortunately I get stuck with girlfriends that swear by them, so I've gotten to the point where I can change a CV axle, transaxle, or other drivetrain component in a heartbeat. They're built like a tin can. So are Toyotas and Nissans. One of the reasons I drive a truck is because they're the only vehicles left that are built worth a crap.

Silver Member

Post Number: 803
...I like my Cougar lol. I don't know how it's BUILT, but other than the alt. dying once, and a recall fuel pump, the car runs nicely. Although, the 9 secs. needed for 0-60MPH, is kind of bad.

Silver Member

Post Number: 202
chad u are right ricer=import people over there mainly eat rice please dont say i am racist cuz of that because i did not mean it like that

Silver Member

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 352
Honda's have problems with rust, solder in the fuel pump relay, ignition modules, and the fuel injected models are interferance engines with rubber timing belts. Gm's have problems with air conditioning systems, plastic intake leaks (that'll suck a whole coolant resevoir through your motor in a matter of minutes), frame cracks, and assorted other problems, Fords have been plauged with recalls for so long I won't even bother listing them. All cars have there issues so it's really about picking personal favorites and least favorites... unless it's a Ford those're just bad period ; ) you see where my alliegance lies... or rather doesn't lie.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 818
ricer doesnt always mean japanese. many cosider the dodge srt4 a ricer. its more about how the car is trying to be used and built up. basically anything you would find in fast and furious or need for speed underground is ricer. cars with giant winds or exhausts that you could fit your leg in put you in that category. i find people that use neons under there car to be pretty ricer. a honda itself is not ricer, its how the car is being modified.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1271
Uhhhh... no. I run 9's... But granted, this is up around 4,000-6,000 ft. above sea level too... I can't run a 700 lift cam and a 14:1 compression ratio... I run 70cc chambers too, because it gives a little cleaner burn, but it drops your compression and makes the supercharger work a lot harder...

And what's the 6 seconds? Your 1/8 mile time? Just curiouse...

And about the only difference between "normal gas" and aviation fuel is the higher octane. I think our airport has 115, not quite sure. But it burns a lot cleaner, and you use a lot less of it, because it's so much more refined.

Try this: next time you're mowing your lawn, run to the airport and grab some aviation fuel. Drain the tank on the mower, and fill it with the aviation fuel. Run the mower. You'll have a lot more power, it'll burn less, and it puts out a very sweet oder (is that how you spell it? doesn't look right...).

Just my .02...

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1444
lol. there goes my neon lights under the car idea.

nobody is calling you anything killeracing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 204
jake didnt i say that was the 1/8th mile time along time ago

stop trying to bring me down because u run aviation fuel in a reagular motor, when u can easily get cam2. theres red,purple,blue, cant remeber the specific octane rating but in my garage we have a can of 117 octane fuel,

Oh yeah and we all care about how much power our lawnmower has too.

so think that 6's in the eighth is funny

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 820
jake, aviation fuel has lead in it. you will screw up every other engine that is supposed to use unleaded fuel. aviation engines are run in a completely different manner.

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
Nah, he's to immature to admit his "mistake". He'll be back, with more wild information to try and prove that he can defy every law of nature...

look familiar

Silver Member

Post Number: 818
Although Ford may not be the best choice in cars, we still owe it to Good Ol' Henry, if it weren't for him, there wouldn't BE CARS!

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1455
if you guys had $50000 to buy a car, which car would you guys buy?

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 821
who is your comment supposed to be directed to killerzracing?

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 822
sorry tyler but it was gottlieb daimler and karl benz that gave us gasoline engine powered cars. ford just made them more affordable.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1272
"stop trying to bring me down because u run aviation fuel in a reagular motor"

Yet again, it's not a motor, it's an ENGINE. And I didn't mean to say that I run aviation fuel in my "motor". I meant to say that I know people that do.

I run premium with a lot of additives... I actually don't know why I said I put it in my car (I just checked to see if I had).

And actually, I didn't know that aviation fuel was leaded, that's interesting. I've never put the stuff in MY mower, but I know a few guys that have for years, and have seen the difference. Weird there's nothing wrong with them yet.

They also run them in their derby cars. But I've seen the difference it makes, and it's pretty slick. Maybe I misunderstood them, or they refer to it as aviation fuel. I'll find out next time I'm in that particular shop :P.

Sorry if I don't make any sense. I've been getting about three hours of sleep a night for a couple weeks. Lot of problems in the family and trying to keep up on work, and I'm just falling further and further behind...

Silver Member

Post Number: 206

if you lied about that you probbablly dont have a car either, this guy trying to talk about my dad car running 6's in the 8th and that being nothing, to claiming to run aviation fuel just cuz he heard other people say they used it to make him look cool on the thread

and if you think my dads car is slow i have couple freind who u could run with if u want

U 427+BLOWER+400hp shot=900-1000hp

so minus 400=600hp okay then minus blower 100-200hp=400-500hp the weakest 427 ever produced

Friend 462 small block+N\A+N\A=980hp 8.70's not it full potential
thats quarter for the ignorant

and who cares if its a motor or engine that debate has been going on for years, u know what i am tlaking about so lets not argue over something dumb like that.

why premium, why not cam2 like i said if u have a big block a blower, and the bottle hooked up why waste your time with premium and additives

personanly chad if i had 50,000$ to buy a car i dont think anything is worth it that is out. i would use the money and turn my car into a G-machine

chris and u other guys say what kind of car u would get

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 823
i would get a really nice slightly used car. maybe a S4 or M3. brand new not too sure.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 825
jake, there is a new type of avaition fuel, i found while making sure that my thought on lead content was correct, that does not contain any lead and has over 100 octane rating. i believe it is a fairly new thing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1273
Ah, we'll I'm no longer going to waste my time. This kid thinks that bolting things on just "adds power". You build the entire engine so everything works together, but I'm too busy for this stupid argument...

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1504
hey jake check out this link.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/184647.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
hey jake i hope u werent talking to me

if so please elaborate as to what i dont know

This kid thinks that bolting things on just "adds power". huh............

what do u think i am stupid or something, just cuz i am young, or are u mad at me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1279
I wasn't going to come back to this thread, because I know it's going nowhere. But everywhere I seem to go on this forum, you seem to be "fighting" with everyone. It seems your know-it-all attitude follows into every topic. Just thought I'd point something out... Getting along with people is something you need to suceed in life.

Silver Member

Post Number: 219
its true jack i have been arguing with everyone

im sorry about that, but are u agin speaking about me with know it all attitude, well when it comes to cars/racing i do argue becuse thats what i have been doing all my life

but what realy started was when people sy i dont know anything is when i get upset, and when people constantly say that

then when u just popped up and said that a 125 shot wasnt anything, then when i said my dads car ran 6's all u guys thought it was a 1/4mile time, i thought u knew that. i mean the 10.5 cars are barely in the 6's now so come on.

then this is what got me your comment

Nah, he's to immature to admit his "mistake". He'll be back, with more wild information to try and prove that he can defy every law of nature

and when i hear stuff like that i kinda get upset aight so my fault

i do get along with everyone very easily until someone questions my knowledge

the only thread u have ever seen me argue was with rovin and me and him are cool now so....sorry

Silver Member
Username: Racer501

ND USA

Post Number: 246
this is one reason i avoid any kind of talks about cars i know didly sqwat thats why i came here to learn stuff and why im taking auto tech in the next 2 years alonge with some more when i head to college ive grown to like cars at first i i just thought they were a mode of transportation but with all the mods you can put on it i cant wait to get a decent job to get into it

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 826
regardless of what you actually know, you make an absolutely pathetic attempt at convincing us that you do. you cant write in english for you life and you lack the knowledge of the fundamental principles of science. if you cant convey the information in your head to other people the information is utterly and completely useless. with that said, you still have made no attempt at going into more depth about your knowledge on cars and nitrous.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1283
I don't really care. But Christopher has a point. I know a kid named Jason. Absolute genius. But he can't get his ideas across, and no one will really give him a chance. So he's working at the parts counter uptown. Sad, but true. Watching the kid work on something was fun, because he really got into it. He'd take the time to sit and figure out how something worked, not just try and get it fixed...

I'm not here to say I know everything. But I won't deny the fact that I've been doing this kind of stuff for years. I'm here to share my knowledge, but I'm also here to learn. But ever since Glasswolf left us here alone, there really isn't much discussion that's out of the ordinary. I'm just spitting out information that I have a million times before. Hence why I'm not very active anymore...

Just my .02.

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 154
hmm... lets get back to the nitrous stuff, whats the difference between wet shot, and dry shot? hey killerz, not trying to be mean or any thing, but maybe you should take it a little bit easier when some one questions you and tell them a little nicer, it might help keep the arguements down. its kinda odd that an "Anonymos" started this thread and then an arguement or 2. ... hmm them anons are no good.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 827
from what i have seen, brian tucker knows alot about nitrous so direct those type of questions to him although he seems to think that nitrous is the silver bullet to performance increase.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1293
Wet makes more power. The difference is that dry nitrous comes out of a nozzle(as a gas) and is sucked into the throttle body along with the air. Between the throttle body and the manifold is a spacer plate with a fuel line going into it, which using contol solenoids adds more fuel to the mix at the same time the nitrous is being added at the air intake.

Wet nitrous is a little different. The plate I talked about that goes between the throttle body and the intake manifold takes in fuel and nitrous right there in a wet nitrous system. You have solenoids to control the flow of nitrous and extra fuel, with an extra fuel line either comming from the fuel pump, or another dedicated fuel pump and lines put in, just to run the nitrous system.

Nitrous oxide is a gas, which when burned, turns into oxygen. When you burn 1 molecule of nitrous, it breaks apart into 2 atoms of oxygen, or something around those lines. Just know that when it enters your cylinders, it turns into oxygen. It's like injecting oxygen right into your combustion chamber, just like a turbo or supercharger. More oxygen in the chamber = the need for more fuel in there too, to keep the fuel/air mixture right. If you don't add more gas along with the fuel, you'll be running it lean as hell, and lose performance. A turbo does the same thing, adds more fuel along with the extra compressed air.

Just thought I'd lay it all down into easily understood terms so there's no more argument...

Just my .02.

Silver Member

Post Number: 223
yeah guys i know the arguments are pointless

but like i said when someone beats up on me i tend to get upset

so please dont act like none of u guys said stuff to me ok

this whole thread i had nothing but good stuff to say with no intent on arguing with anyone tell this post

CHRIS LEE #1 "these 14 year olds need to stop thinking they know what they are talking about."

CHRIS LEE #2 "i would love to see your 4th grade science come to play. im sure you know more than jonathan or me."

CHRIS LEE #3 "oh wise one, please teach this noob about everything you know."

JAKE #4 "And a 125 shot of nitros is nothing"(talking about my dad,)

Chris LEE #5 "exactly, thank you jake. i am glad i am not the only one annoyed by this kind of nonsense. i guess he has run with his tail between his legs."

Jake Hill #6 "Nah, he's to immature to admit his "mistake". He'll be back, with more wild information to try and prove that he can defy every law of nature..." (because i thought u guys would have relized that this is not the 1/4mile, duh does it look like its pulling 6's, if is said 9's,8's or something that would have been different)

JAKE #7 "This kid thinks that bolting things on just "adds power". You build the entire engine so everything works together, but I'm too busy for this stupid argument..."

hey corey i have been trying to be nice tell these guys jumped on me, as u can clearly see

and again after i apologize what does chris do

u guys are right i am just super mean when someone askes a question

Gold Member

Post Number: 1299
JAKE #4 "And a 125 shot of nitros is nothing"(talking about my dad,)

-Me stating a point. 125HP shot IS NOT very big for the drag racing circuit. For street, yes, but strip, no.

Jake Hill #6 "Nah, he's to immature to admit his "mistake". He'll be back, with more wild information to try and prove that he can defy every law of nature..." (because i thought u guys would have relized that this is not the 1/4mile, duh does it look like its pulling 6's, if is said 9's,8's or something that would have been different)

-I realize this now. I thought you were trying to be a major dumb@ss that had no idea wtf he was talking about.

JAKE #7 "This kid thinks that bolting things on just "adds power". You build the entire engine so everything works together, but I'm too busy for this stupid argument..."

-Yes, it "adds power", but you need to build the engine around itself. And yes, I'm too busy for this...

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 830
sigh, i give up on you. i dont recall reading any apology, more like an excuse. you seem to also have selective reading. all that time spent on trying to act innocent and you still give no information to back up your yourself. i feel sorry for myself now. i wasted all this time attempting to make a discussion with a rock.

Silver Member

Post Number: 226
hey chris stfu tried to be nice but all u do is try to make me look stupid,

go Sm0ke some rock

chris u just one of them people who have nothing good to say at all

so if i wasnt apologizing what was this

its true jack i have been arguing with everyone

im sorry about that, but are u agin speaking about me with know it all attitude, well when it comes to cars/racing i do argue becuse thats what i have been doing all my life

and this

yeah guys i know the arguments are pointless

okay i have no info on backing me up,.............we having been talking about anything stupid...........all its been is a pointless argument about u thinking i dont know anything,

and who gives a F how exactly nitrous works chemically all u need to no is how to make it work without hurting something

i think u were on some R0CK when u joined this thread Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1304
Wow. You've been doing this your whole life? We'll... You're acting like a six year old, so I've got you beat by a large margin :P.

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
lol jake but chris is realy getting on my nerves

jake u r okay but if it wasnt for chris none of this would have happened

Silver Member

Post Number: 230
lol jake but chris is realy getting on my nerves

jake u r okay but if it wasnt for chris none of this would have happened

chris is 1month

yeah im acting immature if thats what u want to call it but chris is realy starting to bother me

Gold Member

Post Number: 1313
Lol, just forget it then. It's just the internet... What does it matter what other people think of you? If you ignore him, you'll probably never see him in life... So yea.

(I'm stoned, tell me what I'm doing later...)

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 831
ok, then what is it that is annoying you? my comments concerning your intelligence? my pointing out how you cant make an arguement? im just trying to clear up the fact that you dont know as much as you say you do. i am actually a really nice guy, it just annoys me when people pull things out of their @ss and call it facts. also, you said, "and who gives a F how exactly nitrous works chemically all u need to no is how to make it work without hurting something" im sorry but you have to understand how nitrous works in order to use it safely. if you dont understand that than i am glad i live no where near you.
also, this is what an apology looks like:
im sorry for what i have been saying in the past few posts. i am really passionate about cars and have been putting alot of time and effort into it and my car. when someone questions my level of knowledge, especially about something i know alot of, i get pretty upset. how about we try to start over.
looks nothing like that halfa$$ attempt you made huh?
adieu.

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 488
this was my friend who started all this hahah

Silver Member

Post Number: 231
looks nothing like that halfa$$ attempt you made huh?

see there we go again

how do u think i felt when i heard u say this 14yo doesnt no anything,

u dont need to know how tires are made just to know how much air to put in them right

okay lets start over then buddy

so your telling me i have to know the amount of elctrons on a nitrogen atom, and what its half life is, when it was discovered, what temperature the atoms break apart and how long it takes nitrous to dissolve in a cup coke with the lid on, behind a dumpster

naw dont think so

like i said lets try again

for me not knowing anything u havent said much

Gold Member

Post Number: 1315
Knowledge is everything...

Just my .02.

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 413
can I add nitrous to my sub boxes??

If not why are we talking about it here???

geeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz

Gold Member

Post Number: 1338
Because even though it's a Car Audio forum, there are a lot of people here that know a lot about cars just in general. As you can tell from the lengthly discussion... Heh.

Bronze Member
Username: 420pimp

Post Number: 89
you want some more things to argue about come join us at the Little Green Sticky Smokable Things In Sub Box Forum heres the link https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/186208.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us