Cheap mids and highs

Silver Member
Username: Racer501

ND USA

Post Number: 222
hey i was wondering what are cheap but good mids and high speakers or tweeters im spending about $400 on my eclipse subs alone and and about another $300 for the amp and i dont want to go over $150 for each speaker for my mids and highs if they could still be under a $100 that would be great

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3116
infinity kappa's would work, or u could always save a little more and get something nice

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1837
http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&DID=7&WebPage_ID=114
http://www.adireaudio.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AA&Produ ct_Code=9010&Category_Code=9000

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 226
what is the difference betwee the silk dome tweeter and the titanium dome tweeters? and have you heard those dayton loud speakers before? are they any good? and why are there resistances so high? i dont get it

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 227
and i've seen kicker has tweeters and stuff are they any good?

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1845
silk generally has a softer presence. the metal will be brighter/harsher. many people like the "tingy, t, t, t, titst" sound of the metals. i like the smooth, more neutral reproduction of a good silk.

havn't heard the daytons. just good things. i'm considering throwing them in my wife's car for valentines day(ish). she's not as picky as i am. i trust the resources though. particularly for the price.

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 228
well i wont be able to get them right away im gona have to save up for them and the amp and buy them at the same time so if u do put get them for her can you tell me what they sound like? and what about the mids? and do u know any thing about the kickers?

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 237
bump

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 240
bump

Silver Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 112
under a hundred bucks? diamond d361i if you are looking for a coax set, d361 for components, adn then if you are willing to spend a little bit more then diamond d661s

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 242
i think im understanding this right but correct me if im wrong coax includes ur mids and tweeters in one speaker and components are just the mids in one speaker n u buy the tweeters seperatly if this is right i want components and i could probly go up to $150 a speaker so it would end up being around $600-$800$ on just the speakers

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 777
What's with people putting home gear in their cars? Or is it we all know which sounds better ;P!? *Cough cough*

Username: Lumanikus

Post Number: 3
I saw the adireaudio 6.5" sale a couple of weeks ago but unfortunately i want to stick with 5.25"
Prices on the dayton's, wow. These look nice http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=295-360
i wonder if the low spl would be a problem with a low wattage amp. Im always worried about that.

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 346
Why not go with a set of Phoenix Gold Xenon 5.25's? I have a set of the 6.5's and love them, silk tweeters 24db per octabe crossovers and plenty of settings on the crossovers. The only complaint I have is that the crossover is bulky and somewhat hard to hide. They're around 100 on eBay including shipping, you won't regret them!!! Don't mount them Coax unless you have to btw.

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 243
what have you heard about kickers mid's and tweeters are they any good? im looking into the phoenix gold now

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 245
how are these CDT speakers for components? or the brand in general? the only thing i would be missing would be an amp http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1094

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 247
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us