Dream ride

Bronze Member
Username: Buddyleee5

Post Number: 81
what is everybody's dream car and system a/v and sound system. dont forget the car! the system is nothing without the car.
mine is a bently Arnage with 4 adire 12" brahma's cuz lets face it nothing bigger then that is going in the trunk of a bently and ranbow components in the doors with head rest tvs and an kenwood 25th anniversay indash.
like jermaine said "you aren't a big dog unless you got a bently"

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
powered by zapco amps in a ported fiberglass enclosure

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1822
jermaine is also 4ft nothing. and an effeminate chiwawa at best. nice selection though

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 204
my subs would be......i dunno its to hard. 10 re xxx 12's. i would want a bunch of memphis belle amps

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 279
mine would be a Cadliac XLR V-Series, with 2 Jl 10W7's sunk in trunk, with 2 JL 1000.1 amps 1 to each sub. painted midnight black with 20 inch diablo lionhearts :-) and a trbo that jumps the HP from 440 to 1k... i think its like a 5k turbo

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
jermaine also has more money then any of us will most likely ever have. well at least before the irs took it all away. not a fan on the guy particularly but after all he does have nice taste in cars

Silver Member
Username: A444w444m

Post Number: 117
like 5 ava 15's powered by 5 sx900 kickers in a saleen S7. id want one of them things 2 hide my liscense plate when i want it 2, and i'd want it to hav the best possible security system

Gold Member

Post Number: 1824
he's a jerk. only paid cuz of daddy

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
beautiful car no limit my dad was looking at it for his next convertible, unfortunatly its only an automatic and he wont get an automatic for his sports car, can't say i can blame him after driving his new 6 sieries, its the most beautiful car i have ever driven. if you have the money go buy one right now you wont be dissappointed. or steal one if you need to its worth every minute of jail time

Silver Member
Username: Madeupname

Post Number: 123
bugati veron. fastest production car ever built. 2 jl w6-v2's powered by a jl 1000/1. rainbow platinum series components. powered by a jl 500/5. for the headunit i would use the new pioneer 30gig headunit.
also new alternator, and a 1 fr. cap.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
anyone know where you can buy a veyron i've never seen any dealerships so i have no idea even if anyone ever bought one where they would get an oil change. do supercars have trunks? i thought they were just all engine. or even if they do could you fit anything other then a wallet in them

Silver Member

Post Number: 280
the ones in AZ are manuel, idk if the auto is an option but there isn't one in AZ, its only manny... thats wierd that they made an auto matic... the ones i've seen were manny... wierd... thanks M.L. i love thoes cars though... i fell in love with them the second i saw them...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
the grille adds a nice factory touch makes it look like there has been work done to it. once you look under the hood you find what that is hiding... 0-60 in under 5 i believe quiet a machine

Silver Member

Post Number: 281
yea, the 60 time is 4.3... the stock 60 for the WRX STI is 4.25... .05 faster then the 100k car... im not sure, but is the cadi awd or rwd?

Silver Member

Post Number: 284
anyone know if its possible to fit a vett V10 engine in a cadi V series XLR?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
i think the v's are rwd im not sure though so dont take my word for it

Silver Member

Post Number: 285
you should be able to convert right? kuz you can get the most HP if the car is awd, the torqure is distributed evenly so the axels aren't pulled out of proportion

Silver Member

Post Number: 286
you should be able to convert right? kuz you can get the most HP if the car is awd, the torqure is distributed evenly so the axels aren't pulled out of proportion
SUBARU IMPREZA

Type 2.5 Liter Turbocharged
Cylinders 4
Horsepower 320 @ 5800 RPM
Torque 310 @ 4000 RPM
Redline 7000 RPM
Drive Train Front Engine / AWD
Gear Type 6-Speed Manual
0-60 mph 4.25 sec
0-100 mph 10.67 sec
¼ Mile 12.8 @ 110 mph
Top Speed 155 mph electronically limited
THATS THE CAR IM GETTIN WOOT!!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3760
I'd like a Red BMW made MINI with 4 JL 13w7s where the back seat should - now that would be a super cool & LOUD ride !!!..........

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 808
Lamborghini gallardo spyder convertible, with JL xr componets powered by JL 500/5 and 2 eclipse ti's powered by JL 1000/1. not sure were i would put the subs but i would find a spot.

Bronze Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 36
Car: Mercedes SLR
Head Unit: Alpine DVI 9990E
Speakers: Rainbow..
Speaker Amplifier: Mcintosh MCC302
Sub Amplifiers: 4 Zapco C2k-6.0X(bridged to each 38WX)
Subs: 4 Focal 38WX

Silver Member
Username: Racer501

ND USA

Post Number: 224
for any car it would have to be a 67 Shelby Mustang i wouldnt put a sound system in it just performance parts and i would get another one to put a sound system in it lol prolly would be 3 eclipse pro power by a kicker amp and some mid and high speakers im not so knowledgeable about them yet im checkin into them right now in the speaker area

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 384
The chrysler m412 and an all zr jl system, 0-60, 2.9sec, 850horses

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 101
I would get a porsche carrera gt put in rainbow components 3 10"w7 the best alpine hu fit

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 425
I have so many but my most attainable dream car would be an EVO I'd get it in black and i'd have an all Jl system probably just one 12 w7. to save a little weight and then I would get Jl ZR's up front.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5055
Aston Martin DB9 with Rainbow Reference 3 ways, Zapco amplifiers and processing, and a Nakamichi CD-700II head unit. Subs would probably be ID Max or Rainbow Vanadiums.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5056
"like jermaine said "you aren't a big dog unless you got a bently""

My dog could eat Jermaine. I'd probably enjoy witnessing that.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4331
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Hennessey-Venom-1000-Twin-Turbo-Viper-SRT10- Coupe_W0QQitemZ4592407746QQcategoryZ6209QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem how about that with 2 id max 12's in AP enclosure, rainbow comp,Alpine F1 status deck, and sinfoni for amps.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4332
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Hennessey-Venom-1000-Twin-Turbo-Viper-SRT10- Coupe_W0QQitemZ4592407746QQcategoryZ6209QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem how about that with 2 id max 12's in AP enclosure, rainbow comp,Alpine F1 status deck, and sinfoni for amps.

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 817
Subaru WRX STi with Nitrous. 2 12W7's or XXX's, 2 JL1000rms amps or 2 Kicker SX1250.1's. Kappa Components powered by a JL 300/4 amp. Alpine in dash DVD/Nav, new 300 amp alternator, 3 farad cap. That is actually a reasonable system that wouldn't be anything INSANE. I am sure there is better out there, but that would be awesome.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4333
Hey chris wanna race my car vs yours?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1371
fisker. both the sl55 version and the m6 version. i wouldnt even care what system is in it i just want the car lol. (thats my new car for now which means its featured on my desktop. last car was the ferrari f430 spyder)

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1372

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/fisker_tramonto.asp

Silver Member

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 429
OMG James that is the nastiest car i've ever seen is that thing for real. so they're working w/ dodge and putting those into limited production.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1334
if i had this car i don't need no sound system.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1374
An original ford GT40 race car with no system

http://www.fantasycars.com/derek/cars/images/ford/gt40_4.jpg

all black

And for a hooked up car maybe a denali with 2 18" Tumults. not sure about amps or anything else.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1375
They came out with the ford GT not too long ago.
Pretty much a remake. I hate when they ruin the classics.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1376
http://www.edmunds.com/media/advice/specialreports/ford.gt/05.ford.gt.f34.500.jp g

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3103
i would pull up next to all u guys point, laugh and speed off.lol

Upload
Upload

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5058
"They came out with the ford GT not too long ago.
Pretty much a remake. I hate when they ruin the classics"

The Charger and GTO are more an example of botched classics than the Ford GT is. At least the GT stayed true to it's roots and is a world class supercar, Dodge turned the Charger into a grocery getter and the GTO looks like a chubby Grand Prix with hood scoops.

I'd like to see manufacturers go to classic lines. Not a "retro", but just taking notes of what made 50s and 60s cars look so good. Retro cars die out in a couple of years, but if you design a car based on things that are proven to look good, it will still look as good 50 years from now as it does today. That is why musclecars are still a commodity today, and why 70s Toyota Coronas and Honda Accords aren't worth remembering. Take a look at the Ford Forty-Nine concept, for example.
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=1169
Now, think about a modern car looking like that, of course with a more modern front end. Just the side profile, the long, smooth, rounded look, the mirrors, the sweeping roofline, the low profile. All accents are just thin-lined chrome and small emblems, the car has a shaved look. The monochromatic front end, the fenders rounding over the tires, the smoothly styled hood profile. As long as the made the front end and trunk look modern and not like a carbon copy, it'd be a sexy car and I think it would sell very well, at least to a certain market. Of course, the interior would need to be more modern as well, but again with classic cues. The average car interior comes in gray or tan, has no relation to the outside of the car, and looks bland. If an automaker were to have a dash (maybe fiberglass) that was a continuation of the exterior, with accents of different fabrics , woodgrain, etc., it would look SOOO much classier than the hard plastic you normally get. I get so tired of an interior review coming down to how soft Honda and Toyota can make ABS plastic look.

American automakers have two choices. They can go back to classic lines that are proven to look good, set them apart from one another, and give the brand some distinction. Their other choice is to keep producing the same bland plastic turds that Japan has gotten us accustomed to for the last 30 years and try to gain market share with a bunch of vehicles that look exactly like the next one. They'll have to build their reputation on reliability since their car isn't distinct or exciting, and on top of that they'll have to counter a bunch of media skeptics and brainwashed lemmings that won't give them a break regardless of how good a car they produce.

I think going back to classic lines is a good idea, as long as it isn't overdone and made to look exactly like a specific car made 50 years ago. It's a lot of the reason Chrysler and Dodge have been so successful the last couple of years.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5059
This is another good example of what a modern car with classic lines could look like:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=1972

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3111
sweet^^

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4338
Hey Jon I hear ya about the classic look with the new interior. I love that look of an old muscle car with the mods of today. I am not a really big fan of the fourty nice but that buick is HOT. I think a look of an old GTO with all carbon fiber, wood grain(luxery look) with the a few new aero dynamic lines would really catch the market if designed properly. Or a old charger look with the new style of today and the new HO Hemi would be nice:-)

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4339
and ucfsaxman Dodge was thinking about doing limited production on that viper but I don't know if the market would really be there, its kind of over done for street use.

Silver Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 108
chad lee trying to steal my car I claimed it first jk

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5061
"Hey Jon I hear ya about the classic look with the new interior. I love that look of an old muscle car with the mods of today. I am not a really big fan of the fourty nice but that buick is HOT. I think a look of an old GTO with all carbon fiber, wood grain(luxery look) with the a few new aero dynamic lines would really catch the market if designed properly. Or a old charger look with the new style of today and the new HO Hemi would be nice:-)"

Dodge is coming out with a Challenger soon from what I hear. Spy pics show it to look a lot like the older ones, much more inspiring than the Charger is. Rumor says it gets the 6.1L Hemi too :-)

I like the Forty Nine and the Buick in different ways, either way, both of them look tons better than the run of the mill Toyota Camry or Honda Accord. It just angers me that GM and Buick know exactly what a Buick should be (like that concept) and still won't give it to us. I'd rather them be clueless, at least they'd have some form of an excuse.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4343
"like the Forty Nine and the Buick in different ways, either way, both of them look tons better than the run of the mill Toyota Camry or Honda Accord. It just angers me that GM and Buick know exactly what a Buick should be (like that concept) and still won't give it to us. I'd rather them be clueless, at least they'd have some form of an excuse."

I coudn't agree more!

"Dodge is coming out with a Challenger soon from what I hear. Spy pics show it to look a lot like the older ones, much more inspiring than the Charger is. Rumor says it gets the 6.1L Hemi too"

I have heard the same thing. That Hemi is a beast, balls out motor. My new truck has it and in a 6500 pound truck it gets up and goes like no other I have ever driven(besides a nicely done up diesel) I only have the 5.7 not the 6.1 either. Here is what they are intending to put in the new challenger:-):-):-)
"(From dodge) The just-announced-at-SEMA 6.4 liter version, at a historic 392 horsepower, due in 2008 with the Dodge Challenger, does the SRT-8 one better, and we'd like to know how since the extra size isn't all that much. It generates a full 505 horsepower.

A new version of the 6.1 liter engine was created in mid-2005. A forum contributor noted, "Originally, [the 6.1 block] was basically the same [as the 5.7], but there were failures from anyone trying to squeeze more power out of the original 6.1 design-basically, the crank would come out of the block [and the new version has a beefed up bottom end so it can handle more power]. It is easy to tell the difference - the original design has an aluminum colored block - the new one is orange" imagine 505 HP that is going to compete off the factory floor with the viper:-) wait until someone desides to do intake,exaust,chip,head,cams,TURBO!lolol. I think this is all great what they are doing with the Hemi but the main concern is that chrysler does not have a solid tranny that can handle that amount of torque without putting a torque limmiter on it which kind of defeats the purpose ya know.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5062
I liked this one, too, only change I'd make is get ride of the chrome side trim:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=1170

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5063
Dodge's auto trannies are getting better. It's just going to take some time for them to prove themselves, but they are improving quality every single day. So are Ford and GM. All of their efforts are paying off, they have surpassed Toyota, Honda, and Nissan in quality with many aspects of their vehicle lineups.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3767
http://supercars.net/

has some sweet pics .......

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4345
http://www.supercars.net/Pics?viewPic=y&source=car&id=3326&p=2006_dodge_challeng er_concept-1.jpg&y=2006&m=Dodge&o=Challenger%20Concept

that is SWEEEEEEEET! I wonder how they are going to price it? I hear ya about the tranny's but it would be nice to be able to get the full torgue out of the hemi rather then have it limited as it is now. It kind of defeats the purpose. I would like a HO hemi with a allison tranny:-)

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5067
White Lamborghini Countach. Although the design is over 20 years old, it still doesn't look out of place.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3770
Agreed ^^^ - i was very young @ the time that Lambo came out but it was the greatest thing around . The hobby model kit car companies that made these were real hot sellers .

The ultimate timeless classic IMO would be 57 Chevy Bel Air (32 ford is 2nd - imo also ). The Chezoom that Boyd made was super slick & the recent 1 Chip Foose made 4 Christopher Titus on that show "RIDES" is also truly awesome . Both are superb 1-off (very expensive) customs ......

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 277
i think the ferrari f430 is a beautiful car, and the 350Z is a more realistic (pricewise) beautiful car. both would be a coupe. i dont think the convertible version looks as good.

Bronze Member
Username: Mitch_001

Post Number: 57
A Chev S10 long box regular cab, Lowerd,custom paint, rollpan, Rims, blah blah blah with a tunnel cover and blow through with 12 12" cerwinvega stroker pros and 10000 watts+ with Morel Elate 3way components in kickpods and and 61/2 Bass drivers in doors Powered off a dls classic amp.. Bass Much? Ofcourse all coated in neon and fiberglass to make it look fancy

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5066
You wouldn't need 6.5" bass drivers with the Elates. The Elates offer you a 9" midbass that HAMMERS, it can go to 20hz, no joke.

Silver Member
Username: Redskin

LondonEngland

Post Number: 236
'29 model A ford, grey primer, droped I beam, quick change rear, buick drums, slightly channelled and chopped, ARE torq thrusts, BDS blown hemi. ahhh heaven.

Silver Member

Post Number: 301
that sounds good exept for the ford part... that just ruins it all..Upload see they circle the problem LOL

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 306
I wish i could put a system in my moms car.

2004 jaguar xj8 vanden plus, silver with 25% tents all the way around. It looks very classy, not going to lie. The system in it is nice but has no EQ controls at all. I keep telling her to let me add a EQ.

Silver Member

Post Number: 305
Jags are nice, my dad had one a few years ago, it wasn't fast enough for him, and he didn't like that it broke down more than the 3 series BMW. now hes got a tundra with V8 and 22 lexanis... there freakin sick.... whats the % of tint thats darkest thats leagal?

Silver Member

LondonEngland

Post Number: 239
"that sounds good exept for the ford part... that just ruins it all.. see they circle the problem LOL"

Lexuscoop for people who enjoy paying 3 times the price for a Toyota. LOL

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5069
"that sounds good exept for the ford part... that just ruins it all..Upload see they circle the problem LOL"

It could be some g@y Subaru or Lexus :D

Silver Member

Post Number: 308
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA NO POS ford could keep up with a subaru or Lexus... 2% of fords made it home the other 98% are still on the road. Found On Road-side Dead!

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5070
Once your POS Lexus gets around 700,000 miles on it, give me a call. Until then, I'll put your little Toyota on a trailer and tote you across the country.

Silver Member

Post Number: 311
A FORD COULDN'T PASS 200K so don't even try that with me HAHAHAHAHAHAA

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5071
I can post pics later on if you'd like. My 87 F-150 had 350k when I sold it, the one I'm referring to is an 89 F-350 with a 7.3L, 5 speed. Ya, keep laughing when your little hamster motor gives out at 200k, I'll just roll right by.

Lemming.

Silver Member

Post Number: 313
please their trucks are as powerful as my car, if not, my car is more powerful, if i put a towy thinggy on my car, it would do better than that pos truck. your 7.3 leater is about a 1/3 of the 7.3 the power a subaru would have, boy dont' even try sayin fords are good, you'll loose no matter what

Gold Member

Post Number: 1839
you can't beat the speaker placement of the mclaren.

sitting dead center
DLS 1" forward in the a-pillar
3" domes deep in the dash corners
8" prototype in the doors
12" brahma under the hood and in back

as close to a home environment as you'll get in a car.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

LondonEngland

Post Number: 240
But they don't make 7.3 subarus do they.

Silver Member

Post Number: 316
if they did it would be better, they are gettin like 80% of the potnticial out of the 4 cylinders, 320 HP, the 7.3 only has like 400 hp, and its a V10 or 12 not sure, but it isn't even half the potntcial. Subaru will kill ford in anything if they made the same things

Anonymous

NOL1M1TSOLD1ER

Check your pc to see if it came with a program called WORD .
Open it & before you type anything here type it on WORD first .
You will see at the top of the page a tab called "Insert" .Well just below that has a little box marked "ABC" .
Click on it & experience the xmas miracle it will have on your spelling & grammar "skills" .

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5073
"please their trucks are as powerful as my car, if not, my car is more powerful, if i put a towy thinggy on my car, it would do better than that pos truck. your 7.3 leater is about a 1/3 of the 7.3 the power a subaru would have, boy dont' even try sayin fords are good, you'll loose no matter what"

I'll be more than willing to make a wajor to you. We can chain your Lexus up with the diesel after you get a "towy thingy" and let them do all the talking. I'll laugh when you throw a rod.

Silver Member

Post Number: 317
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHY POST anonymus? common i wont take it seriouesly, just say it and use your name, i know i suck at spellin, the whole world knows it, idc LOL. oh the WORD program isn't always right, kuz if you use: there their they'er it will say they are spelled correctly even though its not the right one OH WHAT NOW!?!?!

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5074
By the way, you may want to look into a word called torque.

"if they did it would be better, they are gettin like 80% of the potnticial out of the 4 cylinders, 320 HP, the 7.3 only has like 400 hp, and its a V10 or 12 not sure, but it isn't even half the potntcial. Subaru will kill ford in anything if they made the same things"

Since Subaru is a GM product, Chevy trucks would be closer to Subaru's offering. In which, I may as well just start laughing already. Subaru sucks, get over it. Ford and Dodge turbocharged 4 cylinders in the 80s.

Silver Member

Post Number: 320
lets do it, get me the towy thinggy and we'll do it. i'll win, just let me get my Chevy truk and we'll do it LOL or my car, either one will do. well, actually, i'll out tow the truck by walkin, im stronger than fords LOL jp

Silver Member

LondonEngland

Post Number: 241
Evryone knows subarus suck. Overhere the world and his wifes got a wrx big deal. If you want overstressed Jap crap at least have the taste to go for an EVO.

Anonymous

man , this "soldier" just babbles like a 12yr old girl going through her monthly u know what !

Silver Member

Post Number: 322
her montly period... well i can't help it, i love it when everyone knows who i am. subaru isn't jap, fu*k that sh!t. its german, japs can't do anything right, exept for Lexus, although over priced, i admit, lexus/toyota are the only good things from that countrie, the women are ugly as sh!t LOL

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5075
Subaru is Japanese. Until they were bought by GM, anyway.

Silver Member

LondonEngland

Post Number: 242
Looks like someone needs to find out a bit more about things. German! LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 1841
*rubs eyes and shakes head*

Silver Member

Post Number: 324
so its an american car now? wait, so it might go out of buisness to??

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5076
So, like, dipshit Lexus owners are the reason they're suffering?

Silver Member

Post Number: 327
huh?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4368
Hey noknowledgesoldier I mean nolimitsoldier, When you hook up one of those towwy things that you are talking about what do you plan to tow? a baby on a skate board because thats about all that a subaru could tow without throwing a rod, blowing a head, overheating, blowing rear end, the list goes on. When you tow HP really means nothing unless you are trying to pass someone at 55 towing a boat. Its all about torque at low RPM's which the subaru has about as much as a pocket bike(seriously). I am not knocking subaru wrx (sti only) for their speed but without the turbo kicking in at high RPM's they really have absolutly nothing my friend. The old 7.3 powerstroke that Jonathan is reffering to is one of the best diesel motor's ever made. He could drive 200,000 miles before his first scheduled tune up while your subaru is dead puffing smoke on the side of the road with a shot tranny and a blown head gasket. Dont compare big trucks to rice racer cars because when it comes down to it I would race you in your ricer any day in my full size truck and win.

"I'll be more than willing to make a wajor to you. We can chain your Lexus up with the diesel after you get a "towy thingy" and let them do all the talking. I'll laugh when you throw a rod. "

That is an understatement Jon lolol!! that would be the funniest SH!T watching the lexus spin it's tires trying to go forward while being pulled backwards as the rear end dropps out and the rod comes up through the head lolol!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1847
not a fan of lex's. steering is way too light, and the cabin is entirely too quiet. no road feel or interaction with the environment. perhaps sweet for audio though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 329
have you ever heard of sarcasm? im not that ret@rded? no sh!t a truck could out tow a car, especially a sport car. and the subaru i was talkin about the WRX STI. a truck could easily out tow a car, no matter what the car is. well, almost any truck. dont' take anything i say seriouesly. you should try and lighten up a little bit, lifes more fun that way. i agree the cabin is quiet, but the quality of sound systems in mine at least sound bomb

Silver Member

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 436
japaneses cars aren't crap. as much as i hate a civic i know that thing can last a lifetime. i do know who to believe makes good cars if you say subaru is crap and lexus isn't good and of course everybody hates ford and GM. who is left that is good? BMW, Mercedes?

Silver Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 116
they cost to much and break down alot

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5078
"have you ever heard of sarcasm? im not that ret@rded? no sh!t a truck could out tow a car, especially a sport car. and the subaru i was talkin about the WRX STI. a truck could easily out tow a car, no matter what the car is. well, almost any truck. dont' take anything i say seriouesly. you should try and lighten up a little bit, lifes more fun that way. i agree the cabin is quiet, but the quality of sound systems in mine at least sound bomb"

I think we both know we were joking :-). If not, at least you know now.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5079
"japaneses cars aren't crap. as much as i hate a civic i know that thing can last a lifetime. i do know who to believe makes good cars if you say subaru is crap and lexus isn't good and of course everybody hates ford and GM. who is left that is good? BMW, Mercedes?"

I've worked on too many Accords and Civics to believe all the overrated hoopla about them. Ford and GM have surpassed Japanese automakers in reliability with nearly every aspect of their vehicle lineup. Toyota's recall list doubles every year, as does Honda and Nissans. I've worked on 80s Celicas and Corollas and 90s Camrys, and if you see the difference in quality just between the cars of different eras, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about when I say Toyota isn't what Toyota was when they were trying to make a name for themselves. As the market pushed further and further toward gas mileage every year, the cost to build a vehicle went up as increasing emissions, safety, and economy regulations came into play. They and every other automaker began making everything smaller, lighter, and consequently weaker in the name of efficiency. They don't build 'em like they used to, that phrase holds true for anything built today. Now, things are getting a little better as chassis development improves on vehicles, but the motors and transmissions are still built with a "just enough" mentality.

Silver Member

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 443
I understand what your saying Jonathan. across the spectrum GM and ford may have gotten better but the early 2000's truck and SUV'S from ford straight up blow up and i would never drive a ford exploder from around 95-03. they have had so many problems from the tires to the cruise control and you want to talk about recalls i have never seen a recall that has affected so many people in my area then the ones ford did a couple of years ago and months ago.

Silver Member

Post Number: 330
Johnathan, i knew you were kidding and im pretty d@mn sure you knew i was, but the other people in here didn't know it, but idk how they didn't.. what what ever they're freakin stupid for thinkin i was serioues

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5083
"I understand what your saying Jonathan. across the spectrum GM and ford may have gotten better but the early 2000's truck and SUV'S from ford straight up blow up and i would never drive a ford exploder from around 95-03. they have had so many problems from the tires to the cruise control and you want to talk about recalls i have never seen a recall that has affected so many people in my area then the ones ford did a couple of years ago and months ago."

I agree. Fords downfall was the most recent. Growing up through the 80s, I had a lot of hope for Ford because they were hitting the mark every way they could. The F-150, the Taurus, the Explorer, the Ranger, Thunderbird, Crown Vic, the 5.0L Mustang, all were exceptional for their time and extremely popular. They were on the road to recovery and were doing everything right. Then the 90s came and Jack Nasser destroyed everything they were about with the stupid Taurus redesign (the Camry and Accord couldn't touch the Taurus in sales until the redesign in 96), the Explorer problems, the F-150 turned a little too pretty (but thankfully was still a tough truck underneath the jellybean styling), and the older platforms were neglected and became outdated. Jack Nasser pushed progression and neglected the basics of automaking. When I saw the 97 F-150 redesign, I almost cried. It grew on me a little, but if you are a Ford truck fan you grow accustomed to the simple, square, slab sided look that pushed them to #1 in the first place.

Luckily, now we have Bill Ford as CEO and he cares about the company, and it has jumped leaps and bounds ahead of just a few years ago. Compare this F-150 with the last one, or the new Mustang with the last one, the Fusion with the Taurus, Focus with the Escort. They're quickly turning around, and I think they'll do very well with a few years to prove themselves again. As is, the F-150 is the most reliable truck, besting the Toyota Tundra, GMs trucks, and the Ram and Titan. They're tapping into what resources they have and they've moved a long way because of it.

It will take some time for the Detroit automakers to prove themselves to people again, but it's happening very quickly. Mainly, the American automakers need to get their newest vehicles out and kill the losers. Once everything is renewed and refreshed, I think you'll be surprised how well they do overall. It won't take long for Toyota to be dethroned.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1865
DODGE, DODGE, DODGE. i remember when they first announced their new platform from which all their future models would be based. very aggressive. from their huge universal truck grill (that had to grow on me at first) to the flared fenders, overall body styling and tough look/"verging on bland" interior. its a no nonsense approach that i think works well.
even in light of the controversies-the magnum drives and handles a bit too much like a truck, and the sedan charger goes against its roots (likely to yield more sales b/c of the practical dimension so many wives tend to favor)-i'm very much liking the direction of the company.
ford reminds me of sony-they have their grimy little fists in just about everything (the benz has a lemon factor never before seen). hopefully, the new mgt you speak of will help a bit in that regard.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1866
"At least the GT stayed true to it's roots and is a world class supercar, Dodge turned the Charger into a grocery getter..
I'd like to see manufacturers go to classic lines. Not a "retro", but just taking notes of what made 50s and 60s cars look so good."

the original charger prototype was an attempt to be just that imo. then, i believe it was the introduction of the intrepid that was said to resemble the charger, so they threw it out (the charger) and started from scratch.

Upload

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5086
I agree, DCX has grown by leaps and bounds. As is, the Ram is a very good truck and I've considered it. I'm not a fan of their cars so much, but they do have a market. If they come out with this new Challenger, I may just be buying :-).

I also agree with Fords future plans. Downsize, kill off rental car sales, make the company smaller and more efficient and focus on profitability.

Silver Member

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 450
and they need to tap into the younger crowd which they are just starting to do this year the fusion and the 500 aren't too bad either at least so far. but they need a quick kid's car the focus hatchback SVT doesn't appeal to enough people plus it doesn't have much power. they need something like the cobalt SS or the SE-R sentra.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 292
i agree with jonathan, DCX is doing alot better , with much improved design all around.

Silver Member
Username: Karam

Post Number: 150
just wanted to be the 100th poster in this thread lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1880
Upload
6.1L stick w/pistol grip shifter.
intriguing. hadn't heard about it. now i have to remain antsy 'till 2009 (if they build it).
that's actually perfect as i won't be able to afford it before then anyway. just in time to trade in my (still yet to be purchased) charger:-)
what's interesting is whether chevy and ford will hop on a muscle car revolution, and whether it and future genre productions would sell better if they did. there would finally be "the fast car for the big guy" again. thanks for the heads up.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1410
All of your cars cower in fear of this car

http://www.carword.com/special/ford100/1914%20Ford%20Model%20T%20touring%20car_3 85.jpg

lol..............

That would be pretty cool though, be the only person driving around one of those badboys.
Even though i could probably keep up with it by running. Put some nice rims on it, system in the backseat and its good to go.

Silver Member
Username: Kirbdog22

New Bern, North Carolina USA

Post Number: 114
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Kirbdog22

New Bern, North Carolina USA

Post Number: 115
Upload

those are 24" rims v-16 1000 hp

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5106
"but they need a quick kid's car the focus hatchback SVT doesn't appeal to enough people plus it doesn't have much power. they need something like the cobalt SS or the SE-R sentra."

I've heard the SVT is coming back, but based on the 2.3 Duratec this time. Should be a screamer (for what it is). But the main thing is you can do a LOT to the 2.3L Duratec, Cosworth has a lot of upgrades that will give it over 240hp and similar torque naturally aspirated, in the average price range for a 4 banger. No telling what the engine could do with a turbo. The Focus is one of the few cars that are very, very successful in rally racing. Besides, by the time you do all these upgrades to a Focus, you may as well have gotten a Mustang GT for a little over $25k, which has far more potential than any Sentra, Cobalt, or Focus. Ford will offer a hotted up Focus, but not at the expense of their baby, the Mustang. You can't say there isn't a market for the Mustang, it's selling in droves. Same reason Ford didn't jump on an opportunity to make the Ranger a midsize, it would cut into F-150 sales. If they were that worried about it, they'd slap some sheetmetal on the new Explorer chassis, put a bed in the back, give it a styling update and they'd have a Tacoma killer. But that's where the new Sport Trac comes in, because it's more profitable. 4.6L, 6 speed automatic, extremely nice interior, 7,000lb+ towing capacity, good off road capability. That doesn't necessarily make it right, but the Mustang is more profitable than a Focus, and the F-150 is the most profitable vehicle they make. Those are the two vehicles they will always take care of. And they need to focus on profit, not volume. An unfortunate side of business, but when you're in a hole, you have to dig yourself out of it some way or another.

Silver Member

Post Number: 334
BassManMIke sorry man, but i don't think you can put nice rims on that car... i don't think they're compatable... but i've seen like 2 of those my whole life, they don't look to smooth of a ride. could you get a system with that car, or is that not compatable too?

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1412
Anything could be done man it would just be custom and all.

And if it has lights on it it must have some kind of power source.

Buts its possible.

Silver Member

Post Number: 339
yea true.... don't those have like 30" rims or something?

Silver Member

LondonEngland

Post Number: 245
Focus with no power? We got Focus RS with 220hp and a turbo as stock.

Who said you can't get rims on a 23.....

http://69.44.154.58/images/members/65383_ajscollectables.jpg

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5119
That's because you're fortunate enough to have a European Focus. How does it drive? I've heard it'll go pretty good for what it is. Hopefully the US will get the 2nd generation Focus platform soon.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5120
This Focus would sell better in the US market, though ;)
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=1796

Silver Member

LondonEngland

Post Number: 247
Last time I brought a cat it was a toss up between Focus RS and this...
http://www.broadspeed.com/images/car_imgs/Zafira_2.0i_16v_GSi_Turbo_5_Door.jpg

Unforunately due to moaning wife and kids the RS lost out but still got to give it a test drive. Nicely quick and go cart handling. These would even dust the old 200hp wrx impezzas. As it is I have to live with a 150mph bus. Oh well it must be time for a change soon.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us