Wiring Harness for a 05 Grand AM

Username: Cyprusice

MN

Post Number: 1
When I try to install my cd deck in my grand am I cant get the deck to power up. I have double checked all the connections and they look good. I have checked the power to the wires and they all have the volts they should have. And I do have the correct wiring Harness. Could there be a factory AMP in my car causing this?

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 363
A factory amp will not determine if you have power to the deck, double check the red wire and make sure it has switched power. if not check fuse, and that harness should be a relocation harness or have a black box on it.

Username: Cyprusice

MN

Post Number: 2
fuse is good and it has a black box (Data Link) there is power to the red and yellow wires. althought the red cable gets 2volts all the time and the yellow gets 16 all the time.

Silver Member

Post Number: 372
with the car off, you should not get any power to the red, and 16volts is offly high for a stock system.????? when you trun the car on, what is the voltage on red wire.

Silver Member

Post Number: 373
You have two plugs, and it looks like there aremore then one yellow and more then one pink or red. Make sure that you have power at all of these.and make sure antenna is plugged in, some radios use it as ground.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us