BMW 318 ALARM PROB(Toadc3)

Username: Rikiz

Bristol

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I have a problem with a 'C3'(not sure if exact model) Toad alarm system in a M reg BMW 318is coupe.

Basically, you can drive the car and when you turn off the engine, the alarm does something to then immobilise the car.
Sometimes you can lock the car and return hours later and it is ok or sometimes it happens after 10 minutes of being away.
If you leave a passenger in the car and NOT set the alarm and then get back in and try to start it - it WONT start.
If you leave the car unalarmed and then return the car wont start.
There doesnt seem to be any pattern as to when and why this happens. The only way to get around it is to wait and keep trying. The ignition lights apear as normal. The car can be succesfully bumpstarted but there are no problems with the starter or altenator.

I have been told by a few other BMW owners with the same alarm they get the same or similar problem.

Also my brother in law had a Cavalier with the same make alarm but not the same model and had the same/similar problem.

Is this a comman Toad Alarm problem?, or is there something I can do to sort it?

Any sugestions welcome...

...Cheers, RikiZ
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us