Are Durabrand region free?

Richard gillingwater
Unregistered guest
I'm coming over to the states and am looking to buy an in car dvd player, can't find any info on whether they are region free or region 1, in the uk we are region 2.

N SEGI
Unregistered guest
DURBRAND CAR DVD PLAYER PVS1966
I bought it at WALMART.
You can customize region code.

Region free:
Open the tray
Press 8, 1, 3, 2 and 8
The region menu will appear, then press enter until region 9 is selected and press Play
The unit will now be multi region.

VCD playback:
To play VCDs, open the tray, press 0, 0, 0, 1, and press play.

Anonymous

I just purchased a Durabrand DVD PVS1966 from Walmarts web site. I am a little upset with the sound. I have the volume turned up all the way on both the unit and the monitor and you can barley hear it. ALso the monitor picks up a humming from the car when you excellarate the gas peddle. I'm thinking about returning it. Does anyone else have these same problems?

kl
Unregistered guest
I am writing to confirm that the region free method posted above worked for me, too. I intended to buy the polaroid dvp-0700 at best buy, but it was sold out (although I am not sure if this polaroid unit can do ntsc/pal conversion so I might have had to return it anyway). Superstitiously, I took it as a sign not to buy that player. Instead, I went to walmart and I bought the durabrand pvs1966 this morning. I tested two region 2 discs on it after setting region to "9" by aforementioned method and both played perfectly. At least one of the dvd's was in PAL format and it played perfectly on the lcd screen, so it must have pal ntsc conversion built-in.
Also, I unplugged the machine, and turned it back on, it was still region-free. In other words, you don't have to punch in that code every time to make it region free, it will store the setting. So far, I haven't tried to use the second lcd monitor or install it in my car yet. Looking at the lcd attached to the player, the picture looks really good, even from a decent side angle. I have a laptop computer with an lcd monitor, and the picture looks really dark on my computer from a comparable angle. I think this is a pretty good deal, 300 dollars for region free dvd player with two lcd's, carrying case, etc. I am thinking to look for a longer cable to go from the player to the second lcd monitor so it won't have to be in the air between the two seats, instead I can run it along the seats and the flooring from the player to the second lcd. I'm happy.

Unregistered guest
kl,

I just recently bought a pvs1960 and need longer cables as well. Here's where you can purchase them. I just ordered mine so I can't tell you how their service is. Just thought you might like to know.

Alco/Durabrand/Venturer Parts

Don

Anonymous

I just received my PVS1966 model. I think it works great. I have alot of movies on Ritek DVD-R and DVD+RW. Plays both of them with no problems. No humming noise from the altenator. Sound is not that loud, but bought a cassette adapter to play through car stereo. No complaints here.

TK

PaperScissorsRock
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know if I can hook up more than one additional monitor to a single player (i.e., with a "Y" cable). Also, does anyone know if I can buy a spare screen?

I'm thinking of buying two of these with the idea of hooking the two extra screens to a single player (thus having three screens showing the same movie in my van).

thanks

Unregistered guest
many thanks N SEGI just followed your instructions
absulutly briliant works great
I also have just visited Florida and bought it in walmart and thought I was locked to region 2
Not any more
Thanks Again
Frequent Florida Visiter!!!!

Unregistered guest
Thanks for all the useful info. I am about to purchase a 1966 unit. I'm curious does anyone know more about using the cassette adapter to improve the sound quality?

Anonymous

HB,

I bought a cassette adapter off of e-bay for a $1.00. $4.00 with shipping. Have not tried it yet. Going on family vaction on July 5th. Will report back with the verdict.

TK

Unregistered guest
Can anyone tell me if they played a DVD-R in the Durabrand DVD player, pvs1960 model?

Richard

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me of a reseller in the USA who will ship Durabrand twin screen in car DVD package to the UK or better still a UK source for this product ?

Many Thanks.

Unregistered guest
Has anyone tried played DVD-R/RW's or DVD+R/RW's???

Username: Suzib6sw

Post Number: 1
Durbrand (Alco) sell an 18 ft cable for $18.50 plus shipping.. total $25.00
http://www.18002526123.com/1800asps/searchus.htm?
Type in PVS19660 or PVS1960 in the seach box.. Shows the stock one and the extended one.

Anonymous

>Has anyone tried played DVD-R/RW's or DVD+R/RW's???

I just picked up the PVS1966 and played a DVD-R of a home movie just fine. There was a distinct hiss with audio out of the built-in speakers, but with headphones plugged in it went away. The built-in speakers were loud enough to hear in the house, haven't tried it in the car yet, but will probably just the cassette adapater to listen through the car speakers.

Anonymous

I just picked up the PVS1966 and played a DVD-R of a home movie just fine. There was a distinct hiss with audio out of the built-in speakers, but with headphones plugged in it went away. The built-in speakers were loud enough to hear in the house, haven't tried it in the car yet, but will probably just the cassette adapater to listen through the car speakers.

Anonymous

Jon101uk
Unregistered guest
Regarding UK sellers, Currys and Dixons are flogging the 1960 for £299 ;-)

Anonymous

does anyone know how to get region free on a durabrand DUR1700

Unregistered guest
how to make it play DVD again if I input the code for playing VCD(0001)? or it still can play DVD after the inputing 0001? anyone can confirm?

Username: Suzib6sw

Post Number: 2
On mine. after entering the code for the VCD, it still plays region free dvd's without problem.
. (all usual disclaimers apply.. YMMV ;-) )

holidaymaker
Unregistered guest
Recently purchased the PVS1960 while on holiday in Florida. Does anyone have the codes to make this model region-free ? I tried the codes for the PVS1966 but it doesn't play region 2 disc ? Still only plays region 1 discs

Anonymous

Does anyone know how to make the pvs1960 model region-free? Apparently, the codes which are used to make the pvs1966 model do not work for the pvs1960 model.

Anonymous

Does anyone know how to make the pvs1960 model region-free? Apparently, the codes which are used to make the pvs1966 model region-free do not work for the pvs1960 model.

Philipe Gripp
Unregistered guest
The region free and VCD methods for PVS1966 worked for me too...

I choose this as the best cost benefice someone can buy, since it costed almost $500,00 to import this item from Walmart (I live in Brazil).

PROS:

1. It has two LCD TFT 6.2 screens with good image quality.It also has 16:9 or 4:3 modes.
2. You can watch dvd or play videogames, plug your digital camera on both screens or in just one.
3. The firs screen can work as a portable dvd player pluging on your tv and closing its screen.
4. You can play all the regions and VCD using these codes below.
5. You can also play MP3 and JPG cds on cd-r, cd-rw, dvd-r, dvd-rw....Its amazing...
6. You can turn off the first screen and still watching on the second.
7. You have a infra red remote control.
8. It comes with a rechargeable ION Littion battery.

The only complaiments I have is that my unit came with 1 dead pixel on the first monitor and you will have to buy an inversor to power on your videogame (xbox in my case), becase Durabrand PVS1966 doesnt doesn't have a 110v to turn on your console.

If you still in doubt to buy one, i can say you with no doubt: BUY !!!

If you gave any question before buy thus product, I can try to answer that for you.

pgripp@msn.com

And remember, this product rox !!! One of the best products I have ever bought.I'm happy...

Didn't have the problem mentioned below while pressing the gas pedal...

:-)

Unregistered guest
The region free and VCD methods for PVS1966 worked for me too...

I choose this as the best cost benefice someone can buy, since it costed almost $500,00 to import this item from Walmart. (I live in Brazil)

PROS:

1. It has two LCD TFT 6.2 screens with good image quality.It also has 16:9 or 4:3 modes.
2. You can watch dvd or play videogames, plug your digital camera on both screens or in just one.
3. The firs screen can work as a portable dvd player pluging on your tv and closing its screen.
4. You can play all the regions and VCD using these codes below.
5. You can also play MP3 and JPG cds on cd-r, cd-rw, dvd-r, dvd-rw....Its amazing...
6. You can turn off the first screen and still watching on the second.
7. You have a infra red remote control.
8. It comes with a rechargeable ION Littion battery.

The only complaiments I have is that my unit came with 1 dead pixel on the first monitor and you will have to buy an inversor to power on your videogame (xbox in my case), becase Durabrand PVS1966 doesnt doesn't have a 110v to turn on your console.

If you still in doubt to buy one, i can say you with no doubt: BUY !!!

If you gave any question before buy thus product, I can try to answer that for you.

pgripp@gmail.com

And remember, this product rox !!! One of the best products I have ever bought.I'm happy...

Didn't have the problem mentioned below while pressing the gas pedal...

:-)

Anonymous

I just bought the 1960 and tried what user - N SEGI suggested and it works! Thanks man. This is very helpful what you have done for us.

Unregistered guest
is there ANY region codes for the Durabrand DUR-1700 Portable DVD Player or is what's on the bottom of the dvd player true REGION 1 ONLY!

if any info e-mail me at : alterednet_generation@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know how to make a durabrand dvd region-free? I just purchased a Durabrand 150-Watt Home-Theater-In-A-Box, STS98 from Walmarts web site. Thanks!!

lobo999
Unregistered guest
@TKDG1
The code is 251535. For "how to" see "Initial IDM-1731" . Select "0" for Multiregion

I can confirm its working :-)

LuisT
Unregistered guest
lobo999
are you referring to the STS98?
I am really in trouble with this one!

Thanks.

Anonymous

Hi Luis!
Were you able to confirm if "lobo999" was refering to the STS98??

Can you let me know?
Thanks!

Unregistered guest
hi is there any region code free for sonny dvx-11a/i just puschased a sonny dvx 11a car dvd player .it only plays region 1

Chateaurodrigo
Unregistered guest
Purchased a PVS-1960 for my hubby's bday and was wondering if there was any way to hook up the system to the cars stereo system? Have read above that some have gotten the cassette adapter but our van only has cd player.

Any suggestions?
Chateaurodrigo

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know if I can hook up more than one additional monitor to a single player (i.e., with a "Y" cable) if so where can you purchase this y adapter. I would like to hookup 4 total to 1 player.

uaala
Unregistered guest
Any region code for Durabrand sts98??

If anyone has it please send me an e-mail at danpeetz@hotmail.com

Thanks!

uaala
Unregistered guest
Any region code for Durabrand sts98??

If anyone has it please send me an e-mail at danpeetz@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Rulisk8
Unregistered guest
Hello everybody!
There is one for the venturer STS75 which uses the same firmware as the Durabrand STS98, but after March of 2004, the firware was changed on both systems, before you could input 4 digits to make it region free, now you have to input 6 numbers.... In all the research i've done, no one has this code yet. I would say it's just a matter of time, there are a lot of smart folks out there probably working on it.
Anway, if somebody allready has some news it would be really appreciated. Thanks!!

Anonymous

DURBRAND CAR DVD PLAYER PVS1966.
Has anyone had problems reading DVD-R? Tried four different disks and get no DVD error. Used DVD shrink to burn DVD's if this helps. Has anyone else used this software and have the DVD's play correctly?

Unregistered guest
Hello again!

I'm here to say that people who can't make the free region code for PVS1966 work, just press the PLAY button before closing the tray.

:P

Unregistered guest
Chateaurodrigo, you can try to install a radio modulator...

I think that's the only way...

Anonymous

DURBRAND CAR DVD PLAYER PVS1966.
Has anyone had problems reading DVD-R? Tried four different disks and get no DVD error. Used DVD shrink, DVD Decripter, DVD Clone, DVD Decoder, 1 copy DVD, to burn DVD's and nothing work, ever the same message: DISK ERRROR, but i can read original movies and videos, and copies of the pioneer dvr-220. Has anyone else used DVD SHRINK OR DVD DECRIPTER and have the DVD's play correctly?

hey yall
Unregistered guest
does anyone else have the problem where when you hook up the second monitor in the car you get a sharp beeping noise? can someone help!!!!!

Unregistered guest
Hi we jave a durabrand Dvd 1000 any idea how to make it Macrovision free ??

Unregistered guest
Hi we jave a durabrand Dvd 1000 any idea how to make it Macrovision free ??

Username: Sue336

does anybody who has Durabrand sts98 tell me that if this system has microphone input jacks or not? My email is maymayshan@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot.

Helios
Unregistered guest
Guys, I see this forum is pretty international!
So!
I want to buy the Venturer PVS1971 portable DVDplayer, witch is same as DURABRAND PVS1966 if I read good. The question is, someone have any suggestions or any idea about the region free thing? Email without "-"!!! and "at" change to @!!! samsungcell-at-freemail.hu

Unregistered guest
Hie, i bought a PVS1970 at wall mart, there are a method to do it region free? a really appreciate... thanks
regards.

Anonymous

Is everyone know if this region code free work for PVS-1970 modle or how to make it region code free? Thanks

Anonymous

Is everyone know if this region code free work for PVS-1970 modle or how to make it region code free? Thanks

Anonymous

For the PVS-1970 you can use the same process as given above by using the remote instead of the tray. I just did it and it worked just fine for both region 1 as region 2.

Unregistered guest
please could you send me the region free method for the pvs 1970 as i would like this before i buy. thanks for helping

Unregistered guest
hey guys and gals,i just bought a durabrand dvd-420 player here in the uk,and its regions are locked,any codes to unlock,,,,,may thanx in advance email bdbertie1@hotmail.com

UKkid89
Unregistered guest
I have a PVS1960 that has a blown chip in the power supply. Does anyone have a schematic for this unit?

Unregistered guest
Wow! This topic never ends!

My Durabrand PVS1966 still rocking...
:P

Unregistered guest
Hello,

I just bought a Durabrand PVS-223 DVD player and I really need to make it region free, so I will appreciate if some one let know the method to do it or, if it is the same than for model PVS1966?
Also the codes to play VCD's...
Thank you.

Anonymous

Hi, i have bought a PVS1970 from a wonderful seller on ebay from the US and had it posted to Australia (where i live), Could someone please email me for a method to make it region free? I would really appreciate... thanks!!! :-)

Username: C0rina73

Hinchinbrook, NSW Australia

Hi, i have bought a PVS1970 from a wonderful seller on ebay from the US and had it posted to Australia (where i live), Could someone please email me for a method to make it region free? I would really appreciate... thanks!!! :-) :-)

Username: Chamucods

Hi, I jsut bought a Durabrand Portable DVDplayer @ walmart, MOD. DUR7, does any one know how can I turn it to multiregion?

Thanks for your help.

ha1313
Unregistered guest
I have the pvs1966 and I have burned alot of dvd+r..they work in the home in my dvd's with no problem...however in the durabrand it tells me no disk...any idea's what I might be doing wrong? I did the region code and the vcd fix...Thanks for your help

Username: Elbarto

Hi,Im from Argentina. I just bought a Durabrand DVD MOD. 2005 in Wall Mart, could you tell me how can I turn it to multiregion?
Thanks for your help.

Philipe Gripp 3
Unregistered guest
ha1313, maybe u need to press the play button before close the tray, after entering the codes...

Gina Mckee
Unregistered guest
Hi, does anyone know the region free code for durabrand dvd 900?

StefanoMilani
Unregistered guest
Guys: go to this link. You will find all the hacks for the Durabrand players. http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php?dvdplayer=durabrand&hits=50&Search=Search

Bill Bailey
Unregistered guest
Hello everyone!
Does anyone know how to unlock a Durabrand DVD 420 player to make it multi-region?
If you would like to tell me how please E'mail to arthurrbailey@gmail.com
Thanks

Unregistered guest
Durabrand 900 - Well been looking for ages for an unlock, finally come across one that works. The problem is that Durabrand are the same as Dual players, so this code is an unlock for a Dual 900 - & it worked for me!

- press OPEN
- press CLEAR

- key in 1, followed by 3, then 6, then 9, and finally 0

- press the STANDBY button (the disc tray will shut and the player will switch off)

- press the STANDBY button (the player wakes up again)

-DVD should now play any region

NOTE: Nothing actually appears on screen when you perform this hack, so ensuring it worked can be done by attempting to play a DVD of another region that was previously unable to be played. If it fails, then try entering the code sequence again.
You can also set the unit to playback just one specific region if you so choose, by replacing the final "0" with the region number you want e.g. for Region 1 you would enter 13691

Any other brands you need drop me an email

Username: Mgoliath

I have a DURABRAND PVS 1970 in-car PORTABLE dvd PLAYER - it has two LCD screens. The LCD screens have what appears to be proprietary interfaces for cables called "EZ VIEW CABLE" - they look a bit like S-VIDEO. I would like to use one of the LCD monitors as a stand alone monitor for connection to my satellite decoder which has RCA (RED, WHITE, YELLOW) outputs. I would be eternally grateful if someone could tell me either the pin-out specification on the EZ VIEW interface or tell me how i can connect RCA into the LCD panel.

Many thanks

Mervyn (you can mail me to mgoliath@mweb.co.za)

Unregistered guest
Durabrand DP305

1. turn the player on
2. press OPEN/CLOSE
3. press SETUP
4. press 8,8,8,8
5. press NEXT
6. Go to "version" and select RC (0=codefree)
7.Press PLAY
Durabrand DUR1700

1. Turn on the player
2. Press Setup
3. Go to "Preferences"
4. Press Play
5. Enter 2,5,1,5,3,5
6. Press Left, Down
7. The current region code will be displayed
8. Press 0 for region free

Durabrand DVD1000

1. Turn on the player
2. Open the disc tray
3. Press STOP
4. Enter 2,3,7,9
5. Select rc using up/down
6. Press OK
7. Close the disc tray and press Standby on the player front

Durabrand PVS1680 / PVS1960 / PVS1966 / PVS1970 / PVS223 / STS75E

1. Turn on the player
2. Open the disc tray
3. Enter 8,1,3,2,8
4. Select rc using the Enter button ("9" = region free)
5. Press Play
6. Close the disc tray

Durabrand (misc)

VCD playback: Open tray, press 0,0,0,1, play

Durabrand DUR1500 / DUR8.5 / STS98

no known hack(s)

e2teufel
Unregistered guest
I used the following procedure for the Durabrand Dual 7B and it's working:

Region free:
Open the tray
Press 8, 1, 3, 2 and 8
The region menu will appear, then press enter until region 9 is selected and press Play
The unit will now be multi region.

Enjoy it...

Anonymous

I have a durabrand pvs1970 that is 6 months old and both of the monitors are dead. No standby LED and no video. The RCA connections work great on a TV still. Has anyone had or have this problem? Does anyone have a schematic on this unit? Any help is useful. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
I have a pvs1960 and the player just died. anyone know if I can hook up the monitors to a standard video source somehow or where to get a replacement player. I would assume both screens are fine but dont have a way to check them.

Username: Playa

ReykjavikIceland

Hi my kids gote Portable DVD player send from USA.
DURABRAND DUR-8.5 Region 1 (USA) Problem we live in Iceland. Can some one give me a multi region code so we can play DVD with Europe code?
Thanks in advance Jon

Username: Stevex2

model manufactured december 2005
Turn on
open tray
press 3597 on remote
use arrow to select region code
region 9 and player will be region free
press enter
press menu
now region free

Username: Blitz36

Toledo, Ohio United states

Post Number: 4
hi bought the ht-3916..does anyone have the remote code so i can put in on my 8 and 1 remote control..and also the region code for a polaroid dvd player? thanks...

Username: Blitz36

Toledo, Ohio United states

Post Number: 5
just bought the ht-3916's nice sound for the price,like the differant volume settings for front,centre,rear&sub..sounds great on my 500watt klh..

Username: Vinstanley

Petersfield, Hampshire UNited

Does anyone have the region free code for a DURABRAND DVM 1418C - COMBO TV/DVD please?

Username: Colson

Does anyone have a DUR-8.5 region-free hack? I haven't been able to find one.

Username: Peterlim

Does anyone has SONY DVX-11A region free code? I just worked with mine 25% DVD from overall.

Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us