Quick question for a bat cap

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 446
heyyyy, I have an optima yellow top battery, upgraded my big 3, and have a 200 amp HO alt in my truck. I wanna get a bat cap cuz my lights dim just a bit at night when I turn the volume up high. I have an Orion 1200D amp, what size cap should I use?

Silver Member
Username: Graphix1

Santa Rosa Heights, Arima Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 233
i dont think your prob is not having a cap,with all that stuff u shouldnt have any problems,u should go to a shop and get your stuff checked out

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 447
well, its not bad dimming, its only like when I turn my volume up to 30/33+ ish and the lights only dim a little bit, nothing major.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1352
i have a stock 130A alternator and a JL 1000/1 & 300/4 and just 1 batcap 800 and i have no dimming. if you want one, get a batcap 800. but serieously there shouldnt be any dimming with what you have. especially with ur big 3 upgraded as i have yet to get that done..

Palanza
Unregistered guest
"i have a stock 130A alternator and a JL 1000/1 & 300/4 and just 1 batcap 800 and i have no dimming. if you want one, get a batcap 800. but serieously there shouldnt be any dimming with what you have. especially with ur big 3 upgraded as i have yet to get that done.."

How is that possible on stock? lol

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 448
ahh hmmm, maybe ill get my big 3 checked out, me and a friend did it a while ago maybe its messed up somewhere. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1355
how is what possible? to run all that on a 130A alternator? idk but i do it and its fine, no dimming.

or do you mean how is my stock alternator 130A? idk, bu it is. you can look it up online if u wish. 2002 escalade. 6L

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 449
hey trevor how much was your batcap?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us