I dont want a internal EQ

Bronze Member
Username: Seascape

Ohio

Post Number: 20
Are there any makers of a good HU that does not have an internal EQ? One of quality that i can use a dash mount? Thanks for any help and links would be great to locate this unit.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2329
Sorry, I forgot that you wanted me to respond in your original thread...

All new head units have internal equalizers, or at least bass and treble controls. You can always set the equalizer to flat and it will be the same as off. The problem comes when power cuts out-as you were saying-and it resets to default settings. All of them have the EQ set to some type of sound setting as default (rock, pop, etc) for demo setups...

My best advice (if you don't have the constant battery wire losing power constantly) is to write down all of your settings and once power is cut out, just reprogram them all...which really isn't too bad for your Pioneer relative to other head units.

Bronze Member
Username: Seascape

Ohio

Post Number: 21
Thanks Jexx,
My problem isnt constant battery. I only lost battery 1 time while changing the battery a week or so ago. And i still havent got all my settings back to par.I am acustomed to the old school dash mount EQ and the internal is really giving me a hard time.I like to think that im not stupid however i feel stupid while trying to adjust this internal EQ.

According to my manual i gather i can go to my lows adjust the curves ,, than go to my mids adjust the curves and as such my highs,, but i must be doing something wrong because i seem to be adjusting the same curves no matter what.

I had it real close before i switched batteries but now i cant get it back,, theres really no rhyme or reason to the EQ when im adjusting ,, im literally in there just poking around hoping for the best. Those KHZ 160-02 #s displayed mean nothing to me. I have 2k in this system and at best it sounds good. DEH P4700 HU, 2 Infinity 6x9,2 infinity 6.5, DUAL (2) 12" enclosed subs with a DUAL 600 amp, and a kx 350 4 ch on my doors. I know its not competition level however i should be content w/ it,, and im not.Very frustrating.

Let me ask you this? I have a EQ HIGH MED , and low. Is that where i need to start to adjust the EQ CURVES for each band? Or does that just adjust the amount of equalization overall? Or am i off altogether and theres only 3 EQ adjstments? Actually its a 3 band EQ.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us