Quick question

Bronze Member
Username: Blakktalon

Post Number: 30
I now have two kappa perfect 350 watt rms subs in a 2chambered 2cubic foot box. I think they are getting roughly about 215 watts rms each @2ohms. I was wondering if they would respond and recover from quick doublebass drum beats faster with 350 or more rms watts, or should I think about getting a pair 8's, or 10's and using just one of the 12's.

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 131
most people say dont mix different sub types but i would give them there full rms rating or get something that can handle more rms

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4812
if ur really worried about it and dont wnat to buy a new amp, get a new box a bigger box that wont need full power

Bronze Member
Username: Blakktalon

Post Number: 31
would 350 watts rms apiece at 4 ohms be better for heavy metal doublebass drum sound reproduction, than 200 watts?
If the sub's rms rating is 350 in a small sealed enclosure, Im trying to figure out how to get the best sq. When the bass is all hitting at once, it almost sounds blurry. not precise and clean. And no the sound isnt isnt at distortion/clipping levels. Does that make better sense?

Bronze Member
Username: Mitch_001

Post Number: 48
i don't think that giving them more power would help the speed.. you need a different box.. or some better subs, if your not really looking for deep constant bass i would stick with 1 10" or 2 10"'s depending on the room you have in the vechial but definatly stick with 10's nothing bigger i don't have much exp with 8"s so i would go with 10's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us