Adire brahma

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 166
how good are they for a 600 watt rms sub. and what sub would it be compared too. would it keep up with 4 alpine type r's? please help

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 168
would it hit in a ported box around 155db?

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 169
anyone?

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 271
no one can tell you that. that depends on the enclosure, the car, the amp, how well the car's sealed, the size of the brahma....

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 171
how about a 15" brahma in a ported box, with the recommended cubic ft. tuned to 35. with a orion 1200D amp. the type r's would be ported too

Anonymous

the brahma isnt going to move as much air as 4 type rs unless they are like 8s lol, but the brahma most likely WILL NOT hit 155, maybe 140

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 172
r u for shure? and how come u dont post ur name?jw

Anonymous

because everytime i post my name i just get lip, and im not that anonymous guy who says all the g@y @ss sh!t, lol, but no im not POSITIVE becasue id dint do all the calculations of xmax and surface area, but im fairly positive, but the brahma could be louder without and sq but its a sql sub similar to a Ti, it could get fairly louder but lose some sq in that, by doing a ported box tuned fairly higher with more power and a strong @ss box in a wall of a car, but i dont think thats what or looking at doing, i pretty much think that it would be going in a normal trunk and im also assuming the type rs are in a normal trunk, so pretty much your worried about whats going to be moving more air, and the alpines would win in my opinion, not many subs are going to compare to 4 subs, even if they are just type r's

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 173
thanks man. anyone els got opinions?

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 175
i might just go for the alpines...

Anonymous

why, whats your budget, how much are you looking to spend, what kind of car? what amps? and what are u looking for, sq or spl?

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1794
"but its a sql sub similar to a Ti, it could get fairly louder but lose some sq in that"

imo, it has superior sq to the ti, and will sound absoultely super all the way up to its xmax. the Ti is a louder sub producing more pronounced bass. and 4 type R's will move more air than any one 12" i know of. the mkIII rms is 600-900 watts, depending on enclosure type.
if you put it in a significantly small box, you can feed it even more.
but, i agree, it doesn't sound like what you're after. it's an all out sq sub that produces considerable output while maintaining that sq.

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 176
thanks mikechec. i still think i want 5 alpines 12". i might wait until the new re audio subs come out

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 324
At 155db SQ kind of goes out the window, it gets hard to breathe and the hairs in your nose will tickle, makes it a tad hard to focus on how accurate a string bass or a kick drum is, not to say it isn't nice to have the capability to go that high, but just an observation. If you want that loud why not go with SPL subs?

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1798
group buy is going on now. as soon as i account for everyone for christmas, i'm gettin some 8's myself.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us