Need Help With Memory Problem

Username: Fukthesystem440

Post Number: 1
I'm pretty new to installing these things and I have a 87 chevy k10 and I ordered a headunit from crutchfield and I have it all installed but the speaker settings just wont save after i turn the ignition off.
Don't say get a harness because the I did get one for my truck and the previous owner did some weird things behind the dash so I ran all the wires myself.

I took the 12v constant and put it to the fuse box with a constant flow fuse and the ACC I put to a non constant fuse and no memory. Then I went and ran just the ACC to the constant and ran the 12volt wire to a non constant and the memory still didn't work.
So then I ran them both to a constant fuse and the memory still doesn't work :-(

I'm probably doing something totally wrong cuz im new at this but I need help.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 306
Then that wire or fuse is not constant, how did you tell if the fuse was constant.

Post Number: 2
it sparked lol when he car was off

Silver Member

Post Number: 309
use a test light and make sure, what kind of radio is it.

Post Number: 3
this is the radio right here... http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&I=130DEHP370
and Ya i'll have to use a test light tomorrow morning. I'm thinking I might have had the ignition turned on when It sparked but I'm not sure :\

Silver Member

Post Number: 311
yellow is constant, red to switched power, make sure truck is completely off, do you have cig lighter/ if so that s/b constant. And radio fuse s/b switched.

Post Number: 4
my wire is red and no I dont have a cig lighter and I remember I have both wires (acc and the yellow constant 12volt) in the fuse labeled on the fuse box "radio" so I'm thinking... Back then the trucks didnt have any fancy radios so it's probably NOT constant.

Silver Member

Post Number: 313
no radio fuse is not constant

Post Number: 5
but is it alright to plug the acc wire into a constant fuse? or does it matter?
and by the way you've been a great help thanks. :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 314
no, run the red wire to the radio fuse or use test light to find switched power, if not radio will stay on.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1263
Tell it to stop smoking w33d. Give it a couple of days and it'll clear right up. I have one that's moved onto Heroin and prescription pills, and it's not good...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us