My new system!

Bronze Member
Username: Brandonmoody

Rushville, Indiana United States

Post Number: 40
I finally have my new system and I installed it a few days ago. I went with 2 12" type r's. These subs are so impressive. Im powering them with a 1000d memphis amp. i have a transmission line box which makes plenty of air flow. I also lined my trunk with dynamat. Now the only thing that rattles is my bumper..lol.. I'm having one problem. My lights keep dimming. I don't know if i should buy a new alternator or a cap? whatta u think? Btw type r's kick @ss for the $$.. ill have pics soon.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1342
alternator. aalso upgrade your big 3. chauncy has a link for that a few posts down.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 1138
trevor...u sellin ur avalanche? Have u heard an SX 15? If so which sounds better? lol

Silver Member
Username: Ford_on_20s

Jacksonville, Florida Us

Post Number: 199
get a new alternator..btw sounds like you have a nice setup

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 434
sounds good.....don't get a cap, get an alternator

Bronze Member
Username: Brandonmoody

Rushville, Indiana United States

Post Number: 41
Another problem I'm having is my highs. I'm thinking that I need an amp to push my component speakers. How big of a difference would that make? Whats the easiest way to hook up another amp? Do i have to get another wiring kit?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1139
id get another amp...and a wiring kir...trust me it will help ya highs.

www.mralternator.com or www.excessiveamperage.com

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 298
dan, the avalanche sounds a lot better than the SX. but the SX still sounds good, it's definitely still an SQL sub, just a little more towards SPL. If you can find an Avalanche, i'd take it over the SX honestly. The SPL difference is minimal, IMO and I had both in the same box off of the same amp. both are very LOUD subs. the avlanche just sounds better and goes lower.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1144
ahh i c...i still might stick with the SX

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 300
if you can find an Avalanche... GET IT. it's worth the extra money you would pay. but then again, it'd be very easy to get the SX 15 now for $240, SHIPPED!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us