JL Xr's anyone using?

Casey O
Unregistered guest
im thinking about putting this into my truck and im wondering what peoples thought on these speakers are: XR650CSI 2 way front, XR650 CXI rear, 2 Xr100 ct for upper front tweeters.. Anyone have something similar to this or used any of these speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 396
i have a pair of the XR 650CSI they're a great set of speakers very clean, clear and natural sound. I highly recommend them. I would suggest getting a 2 ch amp to power them that puts out anywhere from 70-100 watts times 2. you will not be dissappointed w/ the XR'S.

Casey O
Unregistered guest
yea im just going to get an E6450, or a 450/4, so power will be fine, also a 500/1 into 2 or 3 8w3v2, so yea all JL system

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 398
that should nice i also run almost an all JL system all of my speakers are JL. my amps are different b/c i wised up and got Jl after i had my amp for a while on other speakers and then i got my JL stuff.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 666
i got the JL XR653's and they are great. everything in my car is JL, good stuff.
you could save a little and run a 300/2 and just 1 pair of comps. you don't really need rear speakers unless you just want them.
why the 8 inch subs though??

Robsm88
Unregistered guest
"why the 8 inch subs though??"
Been thinking about this a lot. I have a simple cheap systmem in my standard cab pickup: pioneer H/U, kenwood EQ, 2 amps, 6.5 pioneer door speakers, and 2 jl s8l7 subs in a sealed box behind the seat. I turn down the subs on quality music because it messes up imaging. Very new to the component system idea and I am deciding which ones to get. I have been looking at the XR's also. It is about impossible to do kicks on my little nissan, but the door has low mounts that are vey far forward. Could I run without the 8"subs once I get these?

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 674
if you give them enough power, the subs shouldn't mess up the imageing and drown them out, although it'll never be perfect in stock locations. in a small cab truck, anythings a challenge though i guess, lol.

sic402
Unregistered guest
sorry for delay i have an account now but its suspended because oh e-mail change, reason i am going for 8" subs is i have a tundra DC, and all i can fit into the back comaprtments would be those. It has the JBL system which isnt bad, but i want to get it louder. so thats why ill be putting in the jl stuff along with a bigger amo for the speakers, cause the JBL one isnt very powerful at all

sic402
Unregistered guest
sorry for delay i have an account now but its suspended because oh e-mail change, reason i am going for 8" subs is i have a tundra DC, and all i can fit into the back comaprtments would be those. It has the JBL system which isnt bad, but i want to get it louder. so thats why ill be putting in the jl stuff along with a bigger amo for the speakers, cause the JBL one isnt very powerful at all
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us