Infinity 5000cs components

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 334
Looking to upgrade my stock speakers up front to some components. onlinecarstereo has the infinity 5000cs componentss (5.25") http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13348for $119 right now. anyone ever heard these before? i dont have a ton of money which is why im not looking at the Perfects i just want something that will hold the mid bass better than my stocks. was lookin at either the kicker 150.2 (75x2) or the alpine MRP-T220 (50x2) to run em off of and then just run the rear stocks off my HU. which do you think would be better? both amps are around the same price. input?

Anonymous

infinity speakers are really good. I'm running the infinity reference 6.5" and they sound 10 times better than stock. One thing is you won't get much base out of 5.25" speakers.

if you complement those components speakers with a single 10" or 12" sub pushing between 200w-400w RMS, you will have a well balanced sound system.

Silver Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 341
thanks, i do have 2 12" subs and a 600watt amp pushin them. im not looking for bass out of these, just for the mids to show up better than how they do right now. theres a dramatic change when the the frequencies get too high for the subs to handle so i just wanted more balance all around without spending much money.

Anon, what type of amp do you have pushing your 6.5" components? You think 50watts a piece would be alright?

Anonymous

well, if you already have 2 12" I would try to see if you can fit 6.5" speakers. they can go 15-20hz lower then 5.25". this will help the midbass.

I'm pushing my components 85w RMS with a hifonics amp. but i'd have to guess its more like 70w or so cause they're a bit overrated.

Silver Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 343
ya, the Ford Ranger im getting wont fit 6.5" components, otherwise I would be aiming for those. Im also upgraded my 2 12" to just 1 15" (RE SE). depending on how my christmas goes will determine if i go for the infinty reference or try to buy some 5.1 perfects on ebay for $189. decisions decisions....but thanks for the help. i wish i could find a JBL B90.1 to match the BP600.1 i have. oh well..suckers are hard to find.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us