QSD 216 vs Infinity Kappa Perfects 6.1

Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 1
Im on the verge of buying a component set. They will be pushed adequately with a nice 4-chn amp. 2 subs will be present as well pushed by a 2 chn amp. I wanted to know by any chance, between the:

Infinity Kappa Perfects 6.1 (6.5 w/ 1 in. tweet)
Boston Acoustic Pro 6 (6.5 w/ 1 in. tweet)
MB Quart PCQ 216(6.5 w/ 1 in. tweet)
MB Quart QSD 216(6.5 w/ 1 in. tweet)

Which ones sounds the best, and is it actually worth the money to spend for the difference in sound. Im going to get one of them. More than likely the QSD's or PCE. Anyone have any ideas,feedback, or actuall experience with these 3 ? Opinions and FACTS would be MUCH apreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2951
Perfects, MB quart sound natural but they are not as good as they used to be, and i havent heard the BA, so i would go with perfects, also since perfects sound forced (to me) they work very well with subs

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 667
the bostons, if your takin about the new pros, are good but lack midbass of any kind. perfects are good and you can get them pretty cheap online. have heard some saying they sound harsh though. the Quarts are good but some say they have a different sound and don't like them. have they alrady started to go downhill Chauncey since they were bought out or whatever?? i'd pick the QSD's, i like the way they sound. sounds a personal preference though, you should listen to these sets in question and pick the one you think sounds best.

Bronze Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 70
Well the QSD are on a different level then the other speakers you mentioned. The QSD would also be my choice, BUT if you were to compare them to the boston acoustic Z6 or the diamond, either one of them will beat the quarts hands down.

robsm88
Unregistered guest
"BUT if you were to compare them to the boston acoustic Z6 or the diamond, either one of them will beat the quarts hands down."

Which model Diamond are we taling about and which would be a good one for around $300 on the internet?

Bronze Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 81
Well diamond doesn't allow interet shopping for their products. BUT if you were to look on ebay or something then the diamond hex series which would be the s600s s500s s400s (those being with silk dome tweeters or replace the last s with an a for aluminum done) those would be MUCH better choice then the quarts. Truthfully i even like the boston pros better then the QSD, i jsut don't like the way quarts sound at all.

I personally have all diamond equipment in my car, and that's all i'll go with.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3190
i have heard and seen diamond components, having a huge failure rate(especially the tweeter) but like brandon said sound is a personal prefrence, u should listen to them and see what u like the best also what kind of 4 channel amp do u have Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us