Subs hits behind the beat of the music...

Bronze Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 90
Okay my friend has two of those super cheap audiobahn subs u know the cheapest ones with the flames on them. i wanna start out by sayin that i was always skeptical about audiobahn.. but now i know that these things are crap! they dont even make a bass sound they just vibrate. it sounds like a jackhammer (the tool not the mtx sub lol) hitting concrete. but neway i noticed the other day while we were driving around that on certain songs his sub actually hits after it should in the music. and im absolutley positive cause i listen to the same songs in my car with my w3v2's so i know what this music should sound like when played with subs. i dunno if im makin this clear enough so ill give u an example of what i mean. This is what it sounds like on mine. music (bump) music (bump) music. but on his it is more like: music mus(bump)ic mus(bump)ic. the bump comes like 1-2 seconds after it should in the music. i hope u understand what im saying and thanks for they responses.

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 310
Yeah his subs massively suck you hit that one right on the nails head. Those subs are known for being heavy overweight pieces of crap that react way to slow, to add to the mix your friend probably needs to turn the phase on his subs around. He may even have one of them wired out of phase. Bottom line, good choice on the W3V2's sorry your friend didn't make as good of a choice.

Bronze Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 91
yeah they sound horrible.. but they get loud which is all he cares about. but yeah about the wiring i took a look at his wires and he said that some kid from our school wired them and that he knew what he was doin but from what i could see it looked waaay off. they are dvc 4 ohm so i know he needs to connect the two voice coils of each driver in series and the drivers themselves in parallel to get a total of a 4 ohm load but he has wires everywhere connecting things taht i dont think should be connected lol. ill check his wires then post again if thats not the problem. thanks for the response Brian.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1764
he means, neg amp out to neg sub and pos amp out to pos sub. otherwise, in reverse your subs will be pulling when they should be pushing.

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 317
my car actually sounds more accurate with the sub wired backwards. Fix the kid up and tell us how it works, if in phase (sub+ to amp+ and sub- to amp-) still sounds crappy try 180 out (sub- to amp+ and sub+ to amp-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us