Are "gauges" and "ohms" the same? or for eachother??

Bronze Member
Username: Panamanian

Panama cityPanama

Post Number: 79
The Sony Xplod subwoofer XS-L121P5 "1200w" (90w ~ 350w rms) says it is 4 ohms, does that 4 ohms means i need to put a cable of 4 gauges?

Also If i want to put an apropiate amplifier for that one 12 inches subwoofer as XS-L121P5, how many watts RMS do i need (NOT to burn it, and NOT to underpower it at high volumes)???

Which setup would make it work very good?

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 789
did you try a dictionary?

Bronze Member
Username: Scott_t

Post Number: 88
to start the 4 ohms is the resistence of the speaker and if its 350wrms you need a amp stable at 4 ohms that pushes 350wrms...get a second sub wire it to one ohm load gat a amp that has 700wrms stable at one ohm..go to the sub forum for more help.

Bronze Member
Username: Scott_t

Post Number: 90
no the 4 ohm is the reistence of the sub and if its 350wrms you need a amp that is 4 ohm stable that has 350wrms..better idea... get a second sub(same one) wire it to a 1 ohm load(wire it paralel)and get a one ohm stable amp that has 700wrms..for more info ask on the sub forum.

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 289
First off, why would you ever tell some one to buy another one of those Junkers LOL an second another one wont help him get to 1 ohm seeing as how the thing is 4 ohms SVC ( Not DVC ) so he would need three more before he could wire down to a 1 ohm load ... On to answering his Questions, NOOO the Gauge of the wire needed has no relation once so ever to the Ohms of the Voice coil on the Subwoofer,,, Also to answer the amp Question, if i where you i would get a Mono amp that puts out between 400 an 500 RMS at 4 ohms

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 791
another person that needs to learn to spell. its WHAT so ever not once so ever. is our school system that bad these days?

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 291
that was a Error But not a spelling one so get ur Shitt Straight Kiddo, an get a life while youre at it

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 792
since the word that was supposed to be used was "what" and you use "once" i find that to be a problem with spelling since you thought they were the same word. i dont know who needs more english lessons, you or the original poster.

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 292
SUck IT.. ENough Said, Not Gonna Sit around arguing with some Idiot on the internet but if thts what you like to do go find some one else to play with
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us