More mids to balance it out

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 320
im lookin to get more mid bass action going on in my system. running 2 12" VMAXs and stock speakers isnt doing it for me. you can clearly hear where the frequencies differ, the bass drastically drops out and becomes almost a whisper. i might be switching vehicles from my 91' GMC single cab truck to a 90' Ford Ranger ext. cab truck and since ill be ripping my system out of the old truck and putting it in the new (well new to me) i figured i may as well get something to replace the stocks.

are there any decent components that would run fine off an Alpine-9827 deck? im short on cash with christmas comming up so im not sure if i can afford a 2nd amp for speakers right now.

i believe the door speakers up front will fit up to 5 1/4" components, and the rear speakers i believe to be are 5" x 7". any reccomendations?

id like the transactions between the deep bass and mid bass to not be so drastic and to accomidate each other. obviously the mids wont 'hit' as hard, i just want them to be heard more clearly.

thanks! everyones given me a ton of help already on here

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 108
have u decide on the box?fyi i could vynal it instead of carpet. looks better

Silver Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 321
i thought you were talking about building a SS box, not a regular ported. thanks though.

back to my topic.

ive been reading more and more in the speaker section of this forum and it sounds as if the only way any components will sound decent is if an amp is there to power them. how hard is it to hook 2 amps up? i already have a JBL BP600.1 for my subs, is it a hassle to run a seperate amp up to components? and is there a way to run an amp just to the front components and have my HU power the 5x7 speakers in the rear?

Silver Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 326
bump

Anonymous

get a disribution block to split the power wire to the amps.

then hook your front channels of your headunit to a 2 channel amp with RCA's.

just keep the rear speakers stock and run them off the headunit. thats no problem to do.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4091
Of course your not gonna get much midbass from your subs.....

Anyways, it's gonna be pretty hard to get a component set to sound decent off your headunit. Headunit amps are usually pretty crappy and clip easily, which would definitely happen if the components sounded quite because of underpowering so you turned them up. The lower the note, the more power it draws as well. If your way underpowering the speakers, your still not gonna get the midbass your looking for.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us